ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" alloys help!!

Clio 172
Hi,
I am after a cheap set of 15" alloys for the track,
I was wondering if the
15" dynamique alloys would fit my 172 ph2?? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Yes, they will fit no problem. They are only 6" wide though and ET43, which might be something to consider.

They [dynamique alloys] will fit fine, will just clear standard brakes and have a standard clio offset. I have them on my 182 right now (for winter tyres).
Thing is, as you probably know, 888's are quite wide, slightly wider for a given size than regular UHP road tyres, and whilst they will be quite happy to sit on a 6" wide rim, you might think they look a little "ballooned", couldn't say with any certaintly how that will affect their performance (over, say a 6.5 or 7inch rim, which is more typical of track focussed cars), but that's for you to decide really.
Also, at ET43 it will look narrow-tracked with them and, I coudn't care less what my car looked like if it drove how I wanted, but you may feel that you are missing out on a bit of width with the offset at that.
Like I say, just things to know about and consider.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
They [dynamique alloys] will fit fine, will just clear standard brakes and have a standard clio offset. I have them on my 182 right now (for winter tyres).
Thing is, as you probably know, 888's are quite wide, slightly wider for a given size than regular UHP road tyres, and whilst they will be quite happy to sit on a 6" wide rim, you might think they look a little "ballooned", couldn't say with any certaintly how that will affect their performance (over, say a 6.5 or 7inch rim, which is more typical of track focussed cars), but that's for you to decide really.
Also, at ET43 it will look narrow-tracked with them and, I coudn't care less what my car looked like if it drove how I wanted, but you may feel that you are missing out on a bit of width with the offset at that.
Like I say, just things to know about and consider.

Thanks kevf182 that has cleared a few things up :)

Clio 172
I have some pro race 2's that are light and strong for track I would sell for £150

Thanks for the msg that's a good price for pro 1.2! But I am after something a bit cheaper as I will only be doing 4/5 track days a year!