ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15 Clio v6's on honister pass yesterday!

Lionel Richie
i can't agree more with this, I used just over one notch driving to the lakes. Drove round all day and before I came back it was still on half way. Drove the 100 miles home, and it's In the red, used half the other half of the tank! Very strange.

Colin, do you know if the wheel bearings can be pressed out ok? I'm sure I can hear a rear one, need to have a little look when I get a chance. Strange thing is, the guy said he put new disks all round, which I assume come with the bearings in?

nope they're seperate and a bit of a t**t to do! rears are pretty common to start rumbling after as little as 30K

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I agree with you there Fred when I first got mine a friend said I hope you don't use it keep it locked up. If I could use it daily I would I love every second I get to use mine I've used it in the snow and rain. Mine not a high mileage car or a daily I have to use the landy as a daily but if I could I would use it all the time the smiles it gives you are fantastic.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I run mine everyday when i can, they're not bad on fuel TBH, on a motorway run it'll do 35mpg, track however 5mpg (you can empty the tank in just over 2hours if you try LOL!)

i don't get some V6 (and "special car") owners though, what's the point in having something cool but only doing 1000miles in it per year? I've done that in a week, my face got sore from smiling and my wallet got empty, worth every penny! Its a crime not to use "special cars" IMO

Thought you'd be all over our French trip in a couple of weeks, with your Vee now back in service Fred!?

An orange one
I've had 2 daily driven ones when I was younger, fact is I bought this one to be a summer toy and nothing else, if everybody drove them in all weathers there would be none left in 20 years time. As good as the v6 is, I personally wouldn't want it as a daily now.. Fact is your not in the mood to drive it all the time.

My daily is newer, faster (much faster actually), better handling, all the toys you could ever want inside, comfortable, etc etc

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Same venue, set up as last years trip ;) You must have seen the pics for that :)

Open pits, famous banked circuit, well attended by b6 members across Europe, Saturday and Sunday, plus the fun drive down with 10+ other v6's and a couple of other RS Clios over 4 days, plus static show and more! :)

BG V6, LY 182
nope they're seperate and a bit of a tw*t to do! rears are pretty common to start rumbling after as little as 30K

So when new discs are fitted, new bearing are also fitted. Seems strange if I have one on the way. Next time it's dry I'll lift it up and have a look.

Renaultsport Clio V6
So when new discs are fitted, new bearing are also fitted. Seems strange if I have one on the way. Next time it's dry I'll lift it up and have a look.

Disc's are separate and just sit over the hub, no bearings are part of the disc.

Lionel Richie
Same venue, set up as last years trip ;) You must have seen the pics for that :)

Open pits, famous banked circuit, well attended by b6 members across Europe, Saturday and Sunday, plus the fun drive down with 10+ other v6's and a couple of other RS Clios over 4 days, plus static show and more! :)

vague details are vague! that old place just south of Paris?