ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1500 rpm misfire/hesitation

Mk1 16v brooklands
Any gear between 1500 and 2000 rpm. The car has developed a slight misfire/hesitation above 2k it's spot on.. Any ideas??

Clio Sport Cup 172
mines doing a similar sort of thing mate, I just posted a new thread before.

Dunn mentioned taking it to get full diagnostic check to find out the problem..... just to let you know :)

I had this problem, turned out to be one of 2 things, timing was out or plugs. I was using NGK switched to iridium power and the problem went away, however i did have my timing checked and it was out due to bent slots on the camshafts (previous owner), so try plugs first.....then get timing checked.

Cheers,
Si

Mk1 16v brooklands
They are brand new plugs 900 miles ago.
I can't see it being the timing as it's only started doing it in the last week!
Idles fine and drives fine it's just that little bit
Just under 2k.
I was thinking more coil pack
Cts,ht leads, crank sensor or throttle body as sometimes that sticks

A4 130
Mines similar but really intermittent. I changed the leads, plugs, coil pack and now in the process of checking/changing injectors

Mk1 16v brooklands
Thinks it's the idle control valve as I just unpluged it and and plugged it back in unplugged it again and nothing happened, revs didn't even change :s