ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16 s or 17 s - I Can’t Decide

as title.

I was thinking 16"s with 195/45s or 205/45s, but dont want to spends £££s if it wont look that much bigger or better!

So thats why Im now thinking 17"s with 205/40s, cos I know theyll look awesome. Only problem is when I lower it, I dont want it rubbing/catching anywhere! Also, how much will the ride change, with the 40 profiles, and how much does it affect acceleration - Is it that noticeable?

the ride wit 17s will be harsh especially when u lower it! the acceleration will suffer but not a great deal!

as i only got an RT i wouldnt know bout rubbin on a 16v but i reckon u wouldnt av a prob wit 16s, 17s maybe!

A SHED!

M8 it is bloody noticeable on 17s. Acceleration suffers. Im gonna get some 16s eventually. 17s do look good though. Tough decision.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

17s look better but slow u down loads. id go for 16s mate, still look smart and u wont loose any performance!

Ive just put 17" on mine & I notice a difference I was on 15s. but 17s look the dogs dangalies.

Mine is not lowered yet it rubs on full lock (just inside arch)

Dont ask! Thats another dilema Im in! lol!

Im thinking either Momo GT2s or Speedline Chronos.

Going towards the momos at the moment

A SHED!

mmm interesting choice.You will probably do what i did......change my mind a million times b4 i got em.

Yeah, I have changed my mind loads of times already.

Wont be getting them til July anyway, so plenty of time to change my mind even more!

where ya getting them from? I ordered my wheels from ripspeed mid april and they still aint hear, i have been told another 4 weeks still!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by smoothed clio on 01 June 2003

Hi mate go for 17s ive got them on mine and it looks mint ill send u some pics if u want
Thatd be cool, can you post some up. Have you lowered it at all?

A SHED!

I wouldnt go to Demon, try the mags south west tryes do the best deals m8.Demon expensive even with the discount.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Can someone explain to me the 205/40 195/40 info?

I got told it in the pub once, and i forgot it and ive been scared to ask since.

Another question, if a wheel rubs against your arch, will it fail an MOT?

Quote: Originally posted by Craig on 01 June 2003

Can someone explain to me the 205/40 195/40 info?

205 is the width in mm of the tyre.
40 is the percentage of the the width (eg, 205) of the height of the sidewall

Another question, if a wheel rubs against your arch, will it fail an MOT?

Yes

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_er on 01 June 2003

I wouldnt go to Demon, try the mags south west tryes do the best deals m8.Demon expensive even with the discount.
DT arent that expensive, and theyre cheap on tyres. Plus I wouldnt have to fork out for delivery as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Scotty on 01 June 2003

Tom ive got a close pic with 17S on if u want it u on msn
yeah please mate. can you send me it at mailto:tom__simpson@hotmail.com">tom__simpson@hotmail.com

cheers

A SHED!

Something like £20 for delivery, trust me the mags are cheaper. Ive three sets of 17"s all cheaper from mail order.

Ill have a flick thru the mags when Ive decided what I want, and then phone DT. See what the difference is

bruv i just got 16s on mine yesterday i think they look sick, and the ride dont suffer at all!! all it need is as little drop and then it would look sick!!!!!!:D