ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16th-17th Jan - Autosport international 2016 - Birmingham NEC

SG 200
Hi all,

I'm heading to the Autosport International and Performance Car Show in Jan and I wanted to see if anyone else was going

Also the programme says there's a car club are. Is cliosport going to have a stand there?

Clio 172 cup
Saturday and Sunday are ALWAYS rammed, plus you don't have the engineering/trade hall. If you can get the time off, it's worth it.
The father in law is going with his mate on the Sunday so was just goin tag along with them

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I'm there on Thursday and Friday, with other members of a car club I'm part of. Not bothering with Saturday and Sunday though, the caps on backwards brigade usually make too strong an appearance aha!

Clio 172
I'm giving "Autosolo Experience" passenger rides Thursday and Friday in the National Championship winning black 172. The aim is to introduce more people to low cost motorsport. We're outside the main hall in the (empty) lorry car park, most people will walk past us from the car parks. Passenger rides are available all weekend and I believe they're free again.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I'm giving "Autosolo Experience" passenger rides Thursday and Friday in the National Championship winning black 172. The aim is to introduce more people to low cost motorsport. We're outside the main hall in the (empty) lorry car park, most people will walk past us from the car parks. Passenger rides are available all weekend and I believe they're free again.

Is that only on the weekend then, not the trade days too?

Clio 172
I'm driving Thursday and Friday but others will be driving over the weekend - the Autosolo Experience is running every day from Thursday to Sunday inclusive.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Might drop by to get a look at what you've done to prep your 172 if you don't mind? Also doing a few autosolos in mine, but not at championship level aha

Clio 172
By all means, but you won't see a lot, it looks very standard, as it is! Eibach springs, uprated engine and gearbox mounts, ITG air filter, front and rear strut braces, deep dish steering wheel, that's about it. Just as it should be as Autosolo is an entry level sport, you don't need a heavily modified car, just get out there and do it!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've been working on build up for the past two days, sadly I was so busy I didn't have time to get shots of many cars, but I took a few as we were packing up tonight to give those going over the weekend a bit of a sneak peak.

20160113_194001.jpg
20160113_191055.jpg
20160113_191108.jpg
20160113_191120.jpg
20160113_191707.jpg
20160113_191723.jpg
20160113_191741.jpg
20160113_191759.jpg
20160113_191904.jpg
20160113_191930.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Take it you won't be there tomorrow?

Looks good!
No i'm back at the depot tomorrow, but i've seen every square inch of that show 20 times over and drooled over every car in the building, if anyone's going I will say wear your most comfortable shoes because you'll be doing some serious walking it's a bloody big show, also good luck with your white balance if you taking photos, there's every kind of light source all at once.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That would be good mate, but the first day off i'm getting is Sunday and there's no way i'm spending it back at the NEC, I plan to be sleeping for most of it.

Clio 172
@McGherkin sorry I was packing up when you appeared, my sessions were done. Hope you enjoyed the other cars you had rides in. The Fiat 500 695 was fun. I set second fastest time to an instructor (two tenths) on my second run on the test they had round the back. I would have been quicker in my 172 and the Fiat is £42k! Only three tyres destroyed over the two days, the Autosolo demo area was fairly slippery this year. Still, I got to know the car better and have a long list of improvements to apply. Friday night it was down to Cheltenham for the Cotswold Motor Sport Group Awards Evening, back home, then Gaydon today for the Historic Rally Car Register Show. Sleeping tomorrow!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No problem mate, my wheels got their first outing then! That 695 biposto was fun, too fun!

However I did go out in a Ginetta, which blew its gearbox up. Then yesterday someone got hold of me to let me know that they recognised the person in the photo they were using to advertise the prints;
Photo%2015-01-2016%203%2038%2000%20pm.jpg

Doh!