ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v - funny noises...HELP!

Just recently Ive noticed that my 16v is making some very strange noises. When I was having a bit of a burn yesterday I got to about 3500/4000 revs in 3rd and I heard like a strange whooshingnoise - like lots of air being blown through a small hole and I have no idea what it is. The car lost power and I had to lift off and change to 4th gear - I was still giving it some and the noise was still there. It was only when I backed off that it went away. The car seems fine when driven "normaly". Its happened a couple of times now but doesnt happen everytime I floor it (yet!) Has anyone else experienced anything similar? All the dials (oil pressure, temperature etc) seem normal. Im quite worried as you can imagine - esp. as I have to drive quite a long way to and from work therefore needing the car...Help!!

check exhaust gaskets, mine went and i thought it wasw the injector playing up as it sounded like high pressure spraying.

Yeah, thats just what it sounds like - the high pressure noise. Did yours lose power when too? Thing is its not all the time its only when I give some real welly. I was doing 70 on the m25 this morning and it was fine but last night when I had some prat in an old sunny giving me grief it went funny again. Is it because of pressure build up or something? Its just so annoying because Im limping!!
Cheers for the advice