ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v into an RT

Does anybody know of a garage in the ayrshire area that would put a 16v engine into my 1.4 RT,ive tried at least 10 and am getting nowhere.Icant take the time off work to travel crazy distances to drop off and pick car up again,surely somebody can help?:(

Why do you want a new engine? Have you got it already.

The most popular engine conversion for the RT is the GT Turbo one.

Other than that, it normally works out cheaper and better to sell the RT and buy a valver.

Thats what i keep getting told but ive spent a lot on styling(dimma kit,17s,stereo,PS2 etc) and i dont want to sell it before im finished.I already have a 16v engine and running gear plus a bottle of nitrous.The reason i didnt go for a turbo is just reliability with my driving style and i hate manual chokes,i gave away my AX GT cos it had one and drove me daft.Even if i did id still have the same problem with fitting it.:(

already done it, de carbon shocks and pi springs on the 1.4,the only thing left for my clio is an engine,16v bonnet then tint windows.also got uprated shocks and hubs for the 16v conversion,black diamond disks and pads.Its basically a stripped front end from a 16v clio i got.Im in south ayrshire,between troon,ayr and kilmarnock.:cool:

Sounds cool. Got any pics of it?

Dont know of anywhere as Im not from round your way. Hopefully some of the local lads/lasses will help you.

u wont have a manual choke on a GT turbo conversion if u have uprated cams and carbs. and if the engine is done properly u should have no reliability problems either

Dave,

My geographical knowledge of Scotland is appaling, but are you anywhere near Glasgow? I have a friend there who works out of his own garage, and is VERY reasonable on cost..

PM me if you want to know more...

Ive got pics but cant get them from my camera(sony DSC F1) to my computer,the software i got doesnt recognise it as a data source.As soon as i get some or someone tells me how to work this damn camera,ill post them in the gallery.