ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v or 8v

clio sport 1.4 mk2
I just got my new clio sport 1.4L and was told it was a 16v. Its a w reg 2000 model. I was just wondering if there is any way of telling for sure how many valves its got?

Golf GTI 1.8T
You have a Mk2 Ph1 Clio.

If it has a 'S' on the door bump strip badge its 8v (like mine)

if it had 'Si' on the badge it is 16v

oh and welcome to cliosport :)

172 Cup
8 Valve

Renault
Clio (98-01)
1.4 Sport 3d

Engine Size: 1390 cc
Cylinders: 4
0-60 mph: 11.7 s
Power Output: 75 bhp
Valves: 8
Torque: 114 Nm
Top Speed: 106 mph

clio sport 1.4 mk2
Thanks it just has an s on the door. I thought it was only 8 valve but i had been told by someone it had 16.

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah a lot of people get confused, but thats the puppy griff, cheers!

you got any pics dan?

clio sport 1.4 mk2
Yea i do have some pics but there not on my pc yet. Iv only had the car a week but i'll get some put on as soon as i can.

Golf GTI 1.8T
nice one fella.

theres on a handful of us 'S' owners on here so nice to see a new arrival!

long time no see Conlon, where you been mate?

Octavia VRS
Welcome to CS mate, as the guys above say, it is 8 valve. My Clio has the same engine as your car but mine is an 'Alize' model

Golf GTI 1.8T
I though the Alize's were 16v but anyway its odd how you are group 4 and us sports are group 3 insurance...

Octavia VRS
early Alizes were 8v mate. 16v models came out in 2000. Mine's is a Jan 2000 V plate so I just missed the cut off :(

Weird with the insurance tho eh? The 'S' models came with alloys and had the sporty reputation while Alizes only came with RT wheel trims as standard! Think Alizes had a bit more standard kit inside?

M1TCH said:
nice one fella.

theres on a handful of us 'S' owners on here so nice to see a new arrival!

long time no see Conlon, where you been mate?

Been on quite a bit just been reading lately though, postin here and there.

Yep, there is a few of us S owners on here :D Some nice one's

Golf GTI 1.8T
POW_Clio said:
early Alizes were 8v mate. 16v models came out in 2000. Mine's is a Jan 2000 V plate so I just missed the cut off :(

Weird with the insurance tho eh? The 'S' models came with alloys and had the sporty reputation while Alizes only came with RT wheel trims as standard! Think Alizes had a bit more standard kit inside?

Yeah came with alloys, sport style cloth seats, spoiler, white dials, fogs, sports headlights. not quite certain what the alize's have but I couldnt beleive it when looking at insurance. Was one of the main reasons I went for this car, being a very small group 3 is one of the cheapest cars to insure :)