ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Power Steering Pump

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v
I have been looking for the guide on how to change the p/s pump.

I know its not the easiest of jobs but seriously how hard and long will it take to remove the broken one and fit a new one??

Valver
*bump* probably need to do this soon myself I hear its a b**ch (and that was on a 19 16v) anyones changed a valver 1?

1996 Valver
PS pump on the valver is run from the cambelt iirc............so being realistic this is engine out, new ps pump, cambelt (aux belt water pump for good measure).

To get this done in a weekend is very possible, but knighmare of a job!!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v
Is it really going to be an engine out job?!? Is it to much hastle doing it with the engine in?

1996 Valver
Ummmm think the haynes states that 'it is possible to change the cambelt with the engine in situ, however the easyest option is to remove the engine'................or something allong those lines. pLease bare in mind i'm not 100% that the ps pump is ran from the c/belt, but preety sure.
Best advise is to buy a haynes and have a good read.

Also is the Valver new to you, or you had it a while?????
Reason being lots of people think they need replacing because of the noise & 9/10 times this is normal, I know mine and three other mates valvers are realy noisey, but function fine.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v
The car was my brother then i bought it. been in the family for 4 years or so. Its defo broken.. This is really loud and hardly works at all.

Ive got a haynes manual so ill have a good read of it. Just wanted to know if anyone had attempted it themselfs and how long it took them.