ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Power steering Pump

Clio 1.8 16V
Mine needs changing.. Anyone no how to do it? i know its not an easy job, But my coloum needs doing too, Also my *&%$ing aux tensioner pully bracket! Might as well do them all whilst its all apart!

Looking for a ph-quick...
Power steering pump is a nightmare. Engine out job! If your changing column might be best to drop the engine off the subframe then you can get the column undone and do the pump.

Clio 1.8 16V
Yeah.. Whats not a nightmare to do on the valver!?? My car's problem is when i fix something.. Something else gets broke in th process from being seized etc!

Does anyone have a breif walkthrough of re-newing the pump?

Clio 1.8 16V
Come on.. There must be someone who knows how to do this!! It's probably the most common fault on these cars (apart from being french)

i thought mine was broken i darined all the fluid and put new fluid in while getting a mate to turn to full lock and again the other way (self bleeding) and put fresh fluid in a now its all good.
I was ready to fit a new one you dont have to take the engine out.
Take off the bonnet,driver side light out.rad can be left on but its easyer with it out then you can get to the alternator to take that off ectect.

Try what i did first as mine sounded so bad people would look at me in the street as i turned and now its better than when i got it.