ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Questions!

S2000
Tbh I personally would only recommend them to people if you are capable of doing the work to it yourself as otherwise you could spend loads in labour costs, thogh that might be a bit late as you've already bought one, lol.

However, having said that if you get a good one they can be very reliable. I've had the hybrid over a year now and done somewhere in the region of 10000 miles and the only problem I had of any significance was that the accelerator cable snapped driving it home after I bought it (luckily I was only 50miles away at that point and bodged it with a shoe lace, lol). Other than that one incident I've never had it break down or cause any major problems, though tbh mine had had almost everything that could break replaced now anyway.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
OMG, will you lot shush about her breaking!
I'm a girl, I drive nicely ;) Not like you hooligans...

Yeah, okay, I give it a week! tops! before I've done something ;)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/474007.htm is the advert :)

needs a few tidy up bits- could do with a bonnet because its chipped to death :( but she's cute enough!

Valver
Looks pretty good really! Clean and almost standard bar the clear side repeaters and exhaust. If you keep on top of things and look after it then it should be pretty reliable if my experiences are anything to go on. Never had a valver break down on me except once when the clutch cable snapped near my house because it was bodged, and I've driven all over the place and lots of miles.

Wouldn't worry about the mileage either, only just bedding in ;) I always find this video a laugh too.

Got your insurance etc set up on it yet?

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I need to order 2 tyres for her so I can stick my speedlines on & then I'll look at insuring it tues/weds :)

Gutted I'm not going to be at FCS to play though, would have really liked to have taken her on the track :(

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
does look ok. fair do's. i wont be at fcs either but its for a different reason. sucks the big one.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Its been fixed previously, and its a very tiny piece coming back thru, like the size of a 10p at the very biggest.

Its not 449 but it'll do... ;)

looks much nicer now its had a wax!
DEFO needs white wheels.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't bother with a Valver imo... Ph1 172's are available for a little more cash nowadays

It's a no-brainer!

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Is it? :/

I thought it was Monaco, slightly different shade?
Yep it's 449, sports blue. Monaco is a bit lighter than that, more common on N reg cars.

Oh, I'm excited now lol!
Where can I check for 100%, people keep telling me its not :(

Don't bother with a Valver imo... Ph1 172's are available for a little more cash nowadays

It's a no-brainer!

piss off you :( back to your iphone & boyfriends ;)

C2 VTS from Fri
I'm liking white wheels at the minute, fancy a set myself!!

Got white wheels on my Monaco blue and they look well together. Shame that one has a slight buckle and the t*ats that changed the front tyres scuffed the rims :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL... didn't realise you had bought one.

It looks tidy! Although please don't let the dogs in this one...

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
LOL... didn't realise you had bought one.

It looks tidy! Although please don't let the dogs in this one...

Yupski.

Posted this before viewing it, went, had a look & decided I deserved one :)

lol..puppies & yard boots will be banned for about a week, till I get bored!!

Valver
Yep it's 449, sports blue. Monaco is a bit lighter than that, more common on N reg cars.

Oh, I'm excited now lol!
Where can I check for 100%, people keep telling me its not :(

It's a no-brainer!

piss off you :( back to your iphone & boyfriends ;)
Unless it's dodgy lighting then it's definitely 449. I have a monaco and it's a lot different (and better ;))

Check under the bonnet on the oval plate, right hand side middle, it will say 449 (or 432 if it was monaco).

By the way, looks like you have some cheapo 'original' springs on it like from CAS etc. Looks like it's sitting a bit too high at the front.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Unless it's dodgy lighting then it's definitely 449. I have a monaco and it's a lot different (and better ;))

Check under the bonnet on the oval plate, right hand side middle, it will say 449 (or 432 if it was monaco).

By the way, looks like you have some cheapo 'original' springs on it like from CAS etc. Looks like it's sitting a bit too high at the front.

Will have a look see then & let you know! 449 FTW!

There is a receipt in the folder of stuff for a front coil spring from Euro Car Parts from fairly recently so its possible its sitting a bit high. Plans are to lower it soon I think, but not too low.. the RT is a bit silly when it comes to speedhumps/getting on the drive & its not even particularly low!

Valvers are better looking than 172's ;)

clio mk1
ive got a phase 1 valver for sale, just changing the steering column in the next few days to :p pm me if you want m8