ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Stuttering

Really annoying me now, if Im going at a steady speed, then lift off the power slightly the car stutters, also does it when putting the power down in the lower part of 2nd gear?! Any ideas?

Its probably a different problem but i experienced something similar to this..

I got a sort of stuttering in second and third gears, mostly at the point when i was about to shift up a gear....the engine would sorta shoomshoomshoom constantly....

Mines a 1.2 8v.....but it was annoying.....i took it back to the dealer who clocked up 72 miles trying to resolve the prob.....in the end someones wife at the dealers drove it and noticed what i was on about....so they replaced the lambda probe, and it kinda sorted the prob.

The only difference i noticed was the rev needle now sits just under the 10 mark when idle....and it used to sit just above the 10 mark...

BUT now im getting it again.....this time when im doing about 30 in fourth gear.....hmm

Dunno if this helps....

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Check the 4 yellow clips that go on the injectors, one of mine worked its way loose and made it run like a pile of poo.

sounds like the big fault clios have with the coils that sit on the spark plugs! check and clean them out! wine were that ba i was firing on 2 cylinders lol! good job i have mate in rac! its like who wants to be a millionaire! fone a friend and its all sorted lol