ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v/Willy Differences

Completely different, the engine makes all the power lower down the rev range, far more torque..

But cosmetically theres not huge differences, no.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Different seats, blue dials, williams badges, different alloys and its special, piece of history innit.

I agree with the exclusivicity of the car, there were only a limited amount made and each one has its own plaque with a number and thats the only reason i would get one over a 16v.

I wouldnt mind the williams gearbox either!

Quote: Originally posted by nicksrallye on 05 November 2003

16v are much slower
What an idiot. They arent - and until youve owned and driven both for years, like me, then I suggest you take your own views with the large pinch of salt that everyone else does.

The other differences are chunkier anti-roll bars, a slightly higher level of rear brake bias, different rate shocks and springs, lower wishbones from a 19 16V (to make the front track wider along with wider wheels), a Siemens Fenix 3A black box ECU (not just chip) and the lack of electric mirrors, sunroof and stereo control on the original Williams series.

Then of course, there is the engine. The basic design is similar to the 16V, but the Willy uses a crankshaft from a 1.9d engine and is bored out. The head and inlet manifold look similar, but the parts are polished and there are bigger inlet valves in the head. The head also has a resin coating that the 16V does not. The camshafts are also slightly sharper and theres a fabricated steel exhaust manifold (four-into-one). The pistons have thinner compression rings and twin-lip oil control rings. The sump is also properly baffled.

The gearbox uses the first four ratios from the 16V, but has a taller 5th gear, bigger gears, beefed up casing and stronger secondary shaft.

Some cool imput there Ben - well done m8 where did you find all of this information? What parts exactly, were polished?