ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v/willy gearbox

Think the willy one can usually take about 250bhp. The valver one should be slightly less compared to the above as the willy one has strengthened components - id expect about 200bhp or so.

Whatre you planning to do like? :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well mines gone so i thought replacing with a stronger box would be ideal for any future engine mods. 190ish bhp. wasnt sure if the 16v box would be happy with that sort of power.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a willy box would be better if you found one.the willy box has shorter ratios as well doesnt it.

BMW 320d Sport

1-4 is the same. 5th is longer.

I seem to recall figures like up to 200bhp for the valver box some years ago. So perhaps up to around 250 for the Willy, I dont know. But as Maxiboy said Im sure if you build it right it can take a lot more.

BTW Maxiboy, what would you need to do to a Willy box to handle 400bhp? I dont know a lot about transmissions really but Im thinking at some point in the future Ill want to go up to around 300 bhp for quarter miling so will want a box that will take say 350lb/ft of torque just to be on the safe side. Are we talking about straight cut gears etc?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

As well as the internals youve got to consider how much torque the casing itself can handle.

I thought the willy had shorter gear ratios

pretty certain the willy has longer ratios, but then again it has a lower rev limit doesnt it? (hence the tiny difference in 0-60, the willy needs to change to third, the valver doesnt)

williams and trophy

depends who u talk to i think lol

mine was rebuilt by a co. in hx, i asked em bout the difrences btween valver n willy........

pinion shaft dif

all gears closer ratio, and 5th longer

diferent diff