ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 inch alloys on mk1

Clio mk1 1.2
i have a 1.2 rl mk1 clio and at the moment it has 15s on it but i am thinking of upgrading in time, is it work going up 2 17s as the car may loose performace till i upgrade the engine

A silver Honda
Just get one of these...

250px-Modern-tractor.jpg

lol

seriously, I've had 17s on my Mk1 before and it kill any performance it had.

9e9f02d2.jpg

and it messed up my arches:dapprove: don't bother mate, stick with 15s or 16s with low profiles max.

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I'd say its up to you. You've gotta choose looks or performance on any car with a small engine. As said above, with big wheels they can rub. I've a valver on 17's and it drives fine, but I am swaping for 16" turinis for better turning circle :D

Clio mk1 1.2
well apparently you cant get much out of a 1.2 engine and it tops out at 94 on motorway sometimes 100 so im gonna go for style 2 start of wit then eitehr going to put a 1.8 in it or r5

None
chadhele said:
well apparently you cant get much out of a 1.2 engine and it tops out at 94 on motorway sometimes 100 so im gonna go for style 2 start of wit then eitehr going to put a 1.8 in it or r5

Thats quite slow :/ are you driving it properly ;) mine can get over 100 without too much trouble - back on topic i wouldnt recommend 17's as Remedi said they can f**k up your arches. Someone near me put 17's on his red Clio and F**ked the arches beyond belief + was quite slow

Clio mk1 1.2
i have got alloys on mine mate and the engine is standard no induction kit and i am goin to stay with 15s becaise i want my clio 2 b really low how far off the floor will the front b if i lower it 55 at front and wats the lowest profile u can go with 15s

A silver Honda
^^Maxx: Mk1 on chrome vaults? lol

The lowest tyre profile for a normal aftermarket 15" rim is 195/45.

This my car when it was lowered 55mm on 15s with 195/45 tyres.

IMAG2181.jpg

A silver Honda
Most peeps would say Goodyears Eagle F1s i think, here's a tyre poll in the tuning/mechanical.

My Hankooks are good enough for my car. Ride and handling wise i'm happy

Trophy #473
Im not sure, but it does depend what you want from your car, my old 1.2 had 17's, didnt really rub as i did alot of arch work, lowered 55mm with adj dampers set at there hardest, it was very bumpy, tramlined like a b**ch, stearing was very vague, braking and acceleration was shite, but handeling wasnt bad... but i think it looked ace:

IMAG1173.jpg

Clio mk1 1.2
where did you get those mirrors from mate coz there s**t hot, im gonna stay with 15s coz i want the f1/btcc look as low 2 the floorr as poss

None
Remedi said:
^^Maxx: Mk1 on chrome vaults? lol

The lowest tyre profile for a normal aftermarket 15" rim is 195/45.

This my car when it was lowered 55mm on 15s with 195/45 tyres.

IMAG2181.jpg

Yes it is. He parks near me most of the time. His cars in a pretty bad way. He's seen sense and got rid of the wheels tho :)

1.8 16v clio mk1
i dont think 17,s are to bad,i got em on my valver and its on a 60mm drop.its a it bumpy but nothin u cant live with.the only prob i have is gettin up on my drive,i tend to lose full lock

17's on a mk1 1.2! Are you mad!!

It will have zero performance and handle shite...so much so i think you'll begin to hate driving it.

I've had 16s on mine and they were bad, 15's were ok but still not great so i've stuck some 14" rsi wheels on with 185/55 tyres...wider footprint than std, same over diameter as a 195/45/15 yet a lighter overall package.

Clio mk1 1.2
kool do you think those wheels would look good on a clio in 15s and have you got any pics of the doors on ur lambo clio mate

Trophy #473
lol lambo'd clio

only have a few pics when it worked for about a week. the cars that fooked im scraping it as soon as my plates off. but not one to turn down a pic request:

clio121.jpg

clio118.jpg

clio119.jpg

Clio mk1 1.2
Djw Dave said:
Go 15" with a big drop! :)

myweebestfromfcs.gif

how much is ur car lowered by and what splitter is that you have

the clio looks well nice with lambos how much did that set you back mate

Trophy #473
lol the design was shite, basicly copied a design i saw, they only worked for a week before messing up my inner wing.... well cant knock me for trying. i have some proper hinges that i never got round to putting on. on ebay tho, but wanting £320 for them.