ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 or 18 hmm

This morning i have just bought a 1993 1.4 RT for a first car i spent £2100 on it . i have now got 1200 quid to spare. It has still got standard wheels so i will probably get som new rims, but i am not sure what size, 17" or 18". Does anyone now wheather you have to do something to the arches to fit them under, if so what do you have to take out? Ive also heard of a hill power induction kit but cant find anywhere that sells them. What do you think i should do with my 1200 quid, new wheels,induction kit or something else?

Cheers again

you will def have probs with 17s or 18s you will even have probs with 16s im afraid

sh*t shields will def have to come out!!

you either need to get your arches rolled or go euro with 15s??

Vix ;)

I had 16s on my old 1200 clio, and this used to rub on full lock, and you would get the odd bit of scrubbing on the back. I got the arches rolled and this seemed to cure most of the probs. You can get 17s on with some work, probably the best thing to do would be get some valver front arches, and get the rear arches rolled if you were to go for 17s. I personally reckon 15s and slam it to the ground, also it wont affect your acceleration to much!

I got my 1991 1.4RT for £1300, with 50,000 miles - full service history, HPI check, new cam belt + 3 months warrenty. main reason i went for it, 80bhp for group 5 insurance is not bad at all! and decent on feul, i love me clio. also 1.4 is all i need seeing as im 18. i think u made the right choice going for the RT rather than the RSi mate.

bought my sister a 1991 J plate 19 1.4 energy Prima for 350 quid with 12 months mot and 6 months tax. 90k miles. Its faster, bigger and comfier than the clio.

Pay any more than a grand for anything like this and you need help, mainly the form of a slap round the head from a parental figure.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Go for 15s mate theyre ok. I had a red, lowered on 15s, 1.4 RT until yesterday. It looked well smart and turned a fair few heads. All I did to it other than lower it and alloy it was paint mirrors red and put a red phase 2 grille on and paint red the little plastic strips under headlights, basically making it look like a phase 2. I loved that car, it was such a great drive and handled fairly well. The performance was pretty good too after about 3500 rpm. I can send ye a pic if ye like. Now driving gold 2000 Saxo VTS but cant stop thinking about RT. Nevermind.

Btw I bought the K reg Clio in 1999 and paid £3600 for it, fsh 53k. 1 years warranty. Trading it in yesterday got me £700 but it had fair bit wrong, 1 month MOT and 2 weeks tax.

I didnt get the 1993 model, sorry, i looked at a 1993 but really got a 1995 RT as the older version was a rusty pile of you know what. How much does it cost to roller the arches?? And whats involved with fitting valver arches? Wouldnt u need to replace the front wings?

Depending on money 16s and slight arch rolling would be best but Id prob get 15s wouldnt want to hinder performance. As for where to find hill power stuff, goto, you guessed it, Hillpower.co.uk

Whats you insurance like at the moment, company etc?