ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17`s on a standard RT

clio mk1
Hi all, ive just got my student loan through so im sodding off books this year and investing in the best which is some new alloys!

I currently have some 15 inch tsw`s with low profiles which look alright i suppose but i want the alloys to stand out more. Anyway ive been looking at these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-100-Monza-...21QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but all my mates say to get 16`s... if i got the 17`s what would happen? would they rub badly or seomthing? i know theyll slow me down a tiny tiny bit but im not botherd, plus my current 15`s rub when i full lock, any advice pls. cheers

Have a look in my gallery mate
http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=528

Mines a 1.4 RT on 17's. Had them on with the standard front wings before -55mm, no major problems :) I would advise you to go for some valver wings though if you're gonna drop it -55mm, they cant catch on harsh potholes when cornering etc

17s do looks really nice, but i miss being able to chuck the car about like crazy on the 15's

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
17s look to big on a clio in my opinion especially a mk1.

17s will give you a big hit on performance and it will handle like shite but if you dont care about this then yes it'll look bling

you say a standard rt tho, so i assume its not lowered? if not lower it first or it will look very VERY stupid

clio mk1
cliogav, cheers for that mate... loving the clio by the way looks spanking. and martin... when i mean standard, i mean standard in ride hieght to althought i have listened to what you said about handling etc but how much does it really affect it from what my 15`s are like now?
im not axacly a racer type of driver so im not always tearing corners up etc im more concerned about my fuel gauge most of the time! anyway yeah im going to try and get hold of some 16v arches and a bonnet first then i think im going to buy those monzas in white, but im still sort of unsure if its worth risking for 17`s becuase i do think they look alot nicer as gavs car shows, cheers for the replys