ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ’v’ MG zt 190

all the MGs who ive come up against ive destroyed and none of the guys driving them liked it one bit, horrible colours and look like they have driven them through halfords, all the tacky spoilers and crap bumpers, horrible cars

Yeah I Agree totally 172Loony The cars look like a "bolted" on attempt to compete with proper performance cars liks the 172s -

They look sh*te and they always have estate agent type people driving them !!! hahahaha :)

I cant stand the colours they make in these cars - worst attempt at a "performance" car ive seen in a long time.

So glad i got my 172 :devilish: love winding up other drivers in more expensive vehicles !

MGZS 180 will leave a 172 standing only when you hit 100pmh+ they have more top end speed, whereas you have to drop down to 4th in the 172 to keep up. The ZS you dont need to drop down.

I know Im not tech minded and Ive probably not used the right words to explain, but I have raced against one AND raced against my 172 (me in the ZS), this is what I found.

The ZR on the other hand is crap handling and slow compaired to the 172, I havent driven the zt, but I think they are butt ugly!!

Still prefer my 172 by miles and I agree they look ssssoooo much better!! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jamesc2 on 13 April 2003

dunno which model it is... but they trying to make it look like an Evo.
That would be the ZS 180 (Rover 45) saloon...

Clio 200 FF

I worked for MGR a year ago so got to drive all the models. I actually ended up buying a ZR160 a month after they came out but wish i hadnt. The skirts kept falling off (stuck on with double sided tape), it had more rattles then mothercare, the paint chipped if you sneezed near it and the performance wasnt as good as it was mode out to be (put out 152bhp at well lane turbos).

The ZS180 (2.5 V6) was a bit slow off the mark but above 4.5k it was a howler and would just keep pulling, the handling was good for a car that size but wasnt as chuckable as a 172

The ZT190 (2.5 V6) was a lardy barge which was only good for straight A roads and motorways