ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 & 182 bottom end differences

TVR Cerbera
Don't forget this is Renault you are talking about. anything is possible. depends what they had in the spares bin for that week......

my ph2 172 head was cnc'd before i ported it, on the inlet only, think it was only partial.

found the photos of mine before porting:

Image012.gif

Image011.gif

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
ive got a 182 head on my 172 bottom end the only difference was a breather pipe that went in to the 172 head dosent have that for a 182 head

M

mini-valver

100kg? No chance! I've got an 8v 1600 block on an engine stand in my shed and that weighs feck all. 400cc isn't much of a difference really.....

M

mini-valver

There is no way just the block weighs more than me. Is that with the crank rods and pistons in? Sump+oil pump on?

I'll weigh the 1600 bottom end I have just for comparison sake, lol....

M

mini-valver

Complete bottom end bar flywheel, oil pump (bolts onto the crank pulley end and is driven by a cog, no chains etc like the Clio's, probably weighs less than a kilo) and pick up pipe, again that weighs nothing. It does have the engine stand brackets boldted to the bellhousing though so that evens it out.

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

M

mini-valver

They were in the shed ;)
There is no way that a Clio bottom end is 45kg heavier. Thats a 20 year old cast iron C16SE Vaxhalkl block, are the RS blocks ali?