ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 suspension

Clio
Basically I have a 1.2 mrk 2 phase 2 which is undergoing a 1.6 engine replacement. The brakes and stuff are all the same between the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 models. Or so I've heard lol.

I know some people on here have put 172/182 on theirs and wondered how it's done, as I know it will give the car a wider stance and fill the wheel arches better.

I know I could just put spacers on, but I'm also wondering about the improved braking. As safety is another concern when throwing in a bigger engine.

Anyone have any advice for the above?

Cheers!

Clio
use the 2.0 anti roll bar, lower arms, hubs, brakes and shocks and springs.
Thanks!
Is that everything? I don't believe my car has abs, at the very least someone's takennthe bulb out. Will that affect it?
Also what's the price range for it do you think?
I recently mot my car and have a few advisorys and wondered if that would sort all the non engine ones?
Screenshot_20201025-202640_Messenger.jpg

Thanks again!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cost depends on what you pay for the parts, personally if it was me i would get a 2nd hand front anti roll bar, fit new bushes to it, 2nd hand hubs and calipers and fit new lower arms, dampers and springs.

also you will need the track rods and track rod ends I believe to make them long enough (i fitted them anyway not sure if you can get away without them)

Clio
cost depends on what you pay for the parts, personally if it was me i would get a 2nd hand front anti roll bar, fit new bushes to it, 2nd hand hubs and calipers and fit new lower arms, dampers and springs.

also you will need the track rods and track rod ends I believe to make them long enough (i fitted them anyway not sure if you can get away without them)

Does it matter if they are from a 172/182?
I believe the cup had a wider wheel span than standard due to it being more track orientated, so probably not those, not sure if there is much difference between the 172 and 182 apart from the rears and the exhaust manifold so shouldn't matter just wanted to check first.

Thanks again

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my understanding is the track is the same on ALL, cup got its wider track from the wheel offset, 182 has stronger front hubs (anyone ever cracked a 172 one? 😂 )