ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 alarm keeps going off

RSi, 172
Good evening boys and girls.

Having a prolem with our 172. The alarm keeps going off. It went off at 5.50 the other morning and obviously neighbours are not that happy. It s been doing it for a while. Any time of the day, after no run or a few hundred miles. The battery has been changed within the last few weeks and its made no difference. When you blip the key fob the lights click 4 times if that's any help although I think that just means the alarm has gone off?

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Bec

anything
im not overly sure if there is a sensitivity setting most decent alarm systems nowadays have such a thing , it would be worth checking this with a renault mechanic/electrician

the bleeping when you click the key is to let you know your alarm has been activated since you locked it but then you already knew that , bonnet switches can give bother on most alarms also giving intermittent faults so check that first

nigel

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
I've heard before it's usually the sensors inside the car, try swapping them over at the controll box, red and White plugs under the dash top above the glovebox, not sure if it'll help

S4 Avant
If you want to stop the alarm going off, a cheap fix is to turn the ignition on and off twice before locking it. You get 3 or 4 beeps, and no more problems

Clio MK 4
check your interior light is off. Even if the light isn't lit up the switch might be on. This happened to me and was going off every 20mins all night with out me knowing. People on the street weren't to pleased lol

A

Andymessom172

Had the same problem with my 172 but only when it rained turned out to be the bonnet sensor at fault, replaced that and hasnt gone off since!