ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 alloys rubbing

clio 1.2 16v 54 reg
Ive just fitted the 172 16inch alloys to my 54 reg 1.2 16v. I have not even lowered it yet.... the tyres are 195/45/16. The problem is when i turn to the right i can hear rubbing from the back passenger side, but when i turn left nothing... bizzare!!! Also when two people in the back theres rubbing but only on that same side. Anybody had this problem or think they know what it is?????

Cheers guys!!

You need 5mm spacers on the back otherwise they catch it only cathes on one side posible as the other side has nothing to catch on due to shape of liners etc on but you need spacers on both sides of the car.

clio 1.2 16v 54 reg
Cheers Edde, so your saying that its catching on the inside of the wheel? That would explain why its rubbing with the body roll around corners!