ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ARB Powerflex bush size?!

340i
Done a fair bit of searching... But cannot find a definitive answer?!

Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 23mm

Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 25mm

Front Anti Roll Bar Outer mount 22mm

Front Anti Roll Bar Outer Mount 23mm

so... which sizes are for the 172? (in particular ph-1 172) :)

Cheers guys

Octavia vRS tfsi
I'm guessing the smaller of the two for the ph1 172. I have these fitted on mine, believe me, they're a pig of a job to do. I don't know particularly mine were as I just bought from the K-tec website.

Again, arse of a job.

just measure the bar. if you haven't got any calipers, wrap tape around the bar, measure its length and figure it out from the circumference - should be accurate enough

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I'm guessing the smaller of the two for the ph1 172. I have these fitted on mine, believe me, they're a pig of a job to do. I don't know particularly mine were as I just bought from the K-tec website.

Again, arse of a job.

Hi
I have some k tec ones I can measure them later if you wish.
Why are they a pig to do?

340i
Right after a little research and measuring.... I think the full polly bush kit for the ph-1 172 will be the following items:

Engine Dog bone Mount Kit x1 PFF60-206K

Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 23mm x2 PFF60-202-23

Front Anti Roll Bar Outer Mount 22mm x2 PFF60-207-22

Front Lower Wishbone Bush x4 PFF60-301

172 ph1
well I have a ph1 172 as well and my ARB was 25mm, so make sure to measure yours before you order the bushes

172 Ph1
Whats 2mm between mounts , ive seen the ARB wear down over time by poss 1mm or so and that leave's a 1mm bit tight squeeze me in job if using the 23mm ones. give it a go fitting them if you already bought em , if you cant get em to fit its not the end of the world, a loss of £20 or so, and then buy the bigger ones

172 Ph1
Right after a little research and measuring.... I think the full polly bush kit for the ph-1 172 will be the following items:

Engine Dog bone Mount Kit x1 PFF60-206K

Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 23mm x2 PFF60-202-23

Front Anti Roll Bar Outer Mount 22mm x2 PFF60-207-22

Front Lower Wishbone Bush x4 PFF60-301

Gray got any pics of the Engine Dog bone Mount Kit x1 PFF60-206K

Bus w**ker
That's the badger. Cheaper from Larkspeed though, via their eBay store. Just make sure you tell them it's the straight dogbone as other wise you could end up with the Ph2 bushes, they usually email you to ask anyway.

Kieran if I get chance at the weekend I'm going to measure my ARB.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi

I have just received mine for my ph1 from k-tec the sizes are

Wishbone kit 301 030/mou/pfx/002
Anti roll outer 030/mou/pfx/009 22mm
Anti roll inner 030/mou/pfx/012 25 mm
HTH

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
ooohhhh inteeeeresting ;)

let us know how they fit lol

Didnt fit them I was told the bottom arm bushes have more movement than standard and I "may" see a small improvement on the anti roll bar so sent them back to K-tec for a refund minus 25% re-stocking fee :mad:

Bus w**ker
I wouldn't personally say it went "well" for me :dapprove:...but it was worth the trip just to find out what's up with it and to chat to Fred. Just need to sort out with him now to get mine back in, hopefully next week, to be fixed. At the very least it's needing a CV boot and aux belt and tensioners (again), needs more but it will have to wait until I'm not skint and the other bits aren't drastic IMO.

Gray however was a smug c**t :(.

Oh and we both forgot to measure our ARBs lol.

340i
My car is absolutely tip top!

apart from a slightly loose belt, which was sorted with the swift spin of a nut ;)