ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 baulk rings

172 cup , focus st
Hopefully someone can help, as I’m at a dead end!
I’m looking for 1st gear 3piece baulk rings out of a JC5 129 (172 cup)
I’m hoping someone can point me into somewhere to buy them, I’ve tried Renault but for some reason a different part turns up! (7701473108)
A few other places say “can’t get hold of them anymore” and also there apparently there was a 1st, 2nd gear full replacement (inc baulk rings) but again “not available anymore”
I’ve been left with one suggestion and that is to find a doner box! Problem I have with that is which boxes have that baulk ring?? As I’ve been told the baulk ring are “early type design”
Any help will be appreciated Chris

Attachments

• 0DECF87C-7262-45F3-BAED-F4A96F8DDE35.jpeg
    0DECF87C-7262-45F3-BAED-F4A96F8DDE35.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  Clio 2 RS ph.3 182hp
Hey everyone,
i'm despairing with my clio 182 gearbox JC5-130. I ordered a synchro kit from france (bordanova sport) but the kit included 2 not suitable baulk rings 7700101608. These are definitely the wrong ones. So I ordered the three-piece baulk rings 326190209R. These are wrong as well. I need the baulk rings as shown in the photo from Chris.
@NorthloopCup do you know any way to buy them in europe? Or could you send two kits to Germany?
Simon

Clio 2 RS ph.3 182hp
Update: I found a set on ebay from Israel. I was amazed at the quick delivery, only 7 days from Israel to Germany!
If anybody else is searching for the synchros, type in the alt. number in ebay 326190209R

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Having just bought an RS182 are syncro/baulk rings an issue to obtain now? Seems daft if a decent car is made scrap value for the sake of some rings/synchro's??

Reason for asking is I'm thinking of having the gearbox rebuilt with a Quaife [trackdays] having used a Quaife ATB in my old Mk 1 Golf track car - My preference for Quaife is historic and means nothing to replace and bullet proof even when 5th loses lubrication [VAG box]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Having just bought an RS182 are syncro/baulk rings an issue to obtain now? Seems daft if a decent car is made scrap value for the sake of some rings/synchro's??

Reason for asking is I'm thinking of having the gearbox rebuilt with a Quaife [trackdays] having used a Quaife ATB in my old Mk 1 Golf track car - My preference for Quaife is historic and means nothing to replace and bullet proof even when 5th loses lubrication [VAG box]
Not all of them have been discontinued mate. Selector forks for 1st/2nd gear however, have been.