ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 bits&bobs

Posted this on the Renaultsport forum and the guys reccomended I came here.

Hi by the way! I'm Sam and I own a Ph1 172. :approve:

Ever since i've had my Clio, there's been a couple of little niggles that i've never bothered to sort out, but I thought that I should get them sorted!

Firstly, on the passenger side, (this might be normal) but for people to get in the back, you pull the lever on the back rest and the back falls forward, but the seat itself doesn't slide forwards(making getting in the back difficult) you have to use lever under the seat too, now if this is normal in clios then fair enough, but just wondered.
And on the drivers side, theres no lever on the backrest so it cant even flop forwards so NO ONE can get in the back on that side, just wondered if its easy enough to replace bits like that?

Also something i've noticed that's quite annoying, is when i open the doors, they swing RIGHT open, really far, especially on a slope, they just fly backwards, and almost hit other cars, its to my understanding that usually theres a locking mechanism, so that they only open half way then you can open further if you need to, its like this on my parents car, and my previous car to the clio, is that something thats broken or is that just the way the clio is designed?

And one other thing, I've noticed recently the MPG seems to have gone right down the pan, I know it's not fantastic, but I filled up yesterday, went one junction on the motorway (doing about 50) turns round and went back and my gauged had moved? I don't remember it being that bad!!

Thanks in advance :)

Sam

Iceberg Ph1
Hey there welcome..

I have the same issue with my seats, iirc they should also slide as well as tilt, this has something to do with a little metal clip that sits in the runners that has come off the chair, this is common as I have read about it a few times and as for fixing I am not to sure, but your not on your own with this. Hopefully someone will be more of a help on this..

As for your door, mine (ph1 172) doors do lock at 2 points, one when about 1/4 open again at half and obviously full swing, not sure on how this would be sorted, but its something to do with the big metal hinge that goes inside the door about 3/4 way up, I think little lugs press against indents on the metal and stop it from moving until you apply more pressure to open the door more..

As for fuel, mine does this also, I think the accuracy of the gauge itself is p!ss poor, I fill up and the car sits on the top of full, drive for about a minute and it moves down, I wouldn't be to concerned about this, and the fact the MPG is rubbish more often now then it was is due to weather, the colder the air the more the fuel consumed (colder air + fuel = better combustion) you may also notice your car feeling a bit more powerful..

Hope this helps a tad.. Welcome again to CS

Darren

p.s.. Pics of car!

Pics will come!

I might take my car to a Renault garage to see what they can do about seats/doors, as no other garage seems to think my car exists.. in a moment of madness I went to sell it, and some dealer told me "I'll give you £1000 for it, those 1.6 cliosports dont fetch much"...i promptly saw the error of my ways!!

RE the doors, yeah mine don't lock at 1/4 it seems, they just swing out really far, my dad knocked our neighbours car with it the other day, lethal!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi and welcome

The door issue should be easily solved with a new door check strap - give your local renault dealer parts dept a ring.

MPG as said above this cold weather makes them a tad jucier, give it a couple of tanks of normal driving and see how much your getting to a full tank. Id expect between 32-35mpg ish if its still poor maybe its time for a new fuel filter, 72k or 5 years iirc.

The seats i dont have a clue on!

Hope this helps a bit!

Clio has just clocked 72K, my trip computer says average of about 26 MPG, not too sure, I didnt drive it for a while after i bought it, and in that time it's gone down

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Do you have any service history with the car, if you do this should tell you if the fuel filter has been done.
Fill the tank back up and reset the MPG trip drive normally as i said for a couple of tanks and see how it goes.
Although if you fill it up and do short journeys it will be quite low MPG reading.