ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brake pads

Just been told that my pads are shot after 17k Fronts and Backs.

Renault have quoted me £300 for them which i think is steep so I wanna put new ones in myself.

I assume its not that difficult. Would anyone recommend any particualar brake pads?? K-tec ones? Now my car has been in twice for a weeks at a time for brake related problems, will using non-renault branded pads will void the warrent should my brakes (and they proabley will) fail for a third time?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

300 !! :eek: for some pads !

Just get the K-Tec Kevlar ones or something for £25 a set, and no its not difficult, just need a caliper wind back tool or a DIY equivelant.

not a clio anymore

Got quoted 125 and 128 for front and back. In the end got some EBC kevlar (sames as the Ktec ones) for around £25 and got a local garage to fit them for £20 for the front. A much better price! The back didnt need replacing in the end.

Not put them on yet, but got the EBC blacks (same as K-tec sell) for £19.99 delivered from motorsportworld.com, arrived next day, nice guys, worth a call.

Quote: Originally posted by nonos on 26 March 2004

Got quoted 125 and 128 for front and back. In the end got some EBC kevlar (sames as the Ktec ones) for around £25 and got a local garage to fit them for £20 for the front. A much better price! The back didnt need replacing in the end.
are they the same fitting and as good as the standard renault pads?

not a clio anymore

Got mine from motorsportsworld too, but you need to add shipping to the cost.

I am quite happy with them, read loads of previous threads before deciding. They took a bit of time to bed in and they work better when a bit warm but still brake okay when cold. The other side effect (also discussed many times) is that my front (with the EBC pads) have less dust than the rear (original pads). So overall, I am happy with the result.

Quote: Originally posted by Gary Brown on 26 March 2004

Mines having front pads done next Saturday at Renault here in Wrexham - £103 inc fitting & VAT; seems OK to me.
Is that for 4 pads. I was quoted £20 for fitting the fronts at a local garage.

Im gonna give renault a ring and ask how much the pads cost.

Just rang renault, the pads are £35 so if they charge you £103 thats £68 for fitting...

Think Ill get them fitted at my local garage for £20

VW Potato

Ive just had my front pads changed, all in for £69.00. Still bedding them in. Theyre probably cra5 but must be better than the ones that had no life let in them.

g

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

The labour time for front pads is 0.6 hrs for fronts and 0.9hrs for rears. Scudettos price seems an average dealer price for just front pads and fitting. The price viv got is a bit steep.

Wacko. You must be stnding on your brakes a lot . Mine only had 15% wear on them at the first 18000 mile service:)

have u checked them yourself?

15% in 18k that amazing how you make brakes last that long mine were gone at 18k and that was driving to and from work all the time slowly. I cannot see mine even reaching 18k where I live now driving to and from work.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 26 March 2004

Yeah. I use my brakes alot. Thats what happens if you have a bigger engine than a 1.2
bigger engine doesnt mean u use the brakes more...

111s

Ive just bought the K-tec fast road greenstuff kit (£186 to my door, the day after i ordered them:D) I know many people dont really rate the greenstuff but i wanted minimal dust (white wheels). I havent really caned them yet but they seem alright. How long does anyone else bed brakes in for? Ive been told 200 miles before really stamping on them.

My standard renault pads lasted 18k miles, one pad had actually gone down to metal though:oops:.

ive done about 19k now and my fronts are pretty f**ked :cry: cant see them lasting more than 1k more. i go through front tyres every 6k so its no surprise that the brakes are shot :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by craigy172 on 27 March 2004

i have ordered a set of black diamond discs grooved and predator pads
Craig - where from - just been looking at prices & lowest I found was £170 all in..disc & pads..gotta ring R-Tech on Monday to see if they will beat that.

Renault certainly aint fitting them - they well overcharge on labour.

i ordered mine from proven products discs were £139 did not get the pads from them as he was unsure of my shape but brought some ebc kelver pads from k-tec for £27.

ordered the black diamond combis from proven products, but the discs come direct from black diamond should get umm in 3 days, there telephone number is 01822 613200 ask for john also here is there website http://www.proven-products.co.uk/http://www.proven-products.co.uk/

i gotta have my major service done thats £294 at renault he said they will fit umm then for me

hope this helps