ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 bumper fitting on 1.2

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
getting a 172 bumper soonish :approve: just wonderd how easy these are to fit without buying the arches skirts etc... is it a bodyshop job?

cheers

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
yea front bumper ive got a rear 1 they slot straight on :approve: but have heard front 1's are widers so flare out a bit :(

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
yea im defo's getting it done seen a few on here look mint!:D its going in bodyshop anyways to get dent out and rear bumper,spoiler sprayed anyways so ill get the whole job done! see if i can get a deal on that :approve: wont be cheap though so i better get saving!!:approve:

Da

Less
Has's has the flared arches, it's Dutty that has had the 172 bumper modified to fit a 1.2. I think it involved grinding down the brackets and heating up the bumper to gently reshape it to fit. However i'm sure he will confirm this either way soon...

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
yea if dutty could post a reply on how hes done his that would be a big help:D once bumper arrive im gonna pop down to local bodyshop for a quote on getting it done :approve:

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
aye cheers! just sent him a pm:approve: hope he doesnt mind as i bet he gets loads asking him the same question lol :eek:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Daz_2427 said:
Has's has the flared arches, it's Dutty that has had the 172 bumper modified to fit a 1.2. I think it involved grinding down the brackets and heating up the bumper to gently reshape it to fit. However i'm sure he will confirm this either way soon...

Nop mine is not with the flared arches hehehe

Mines the one with the bumper with all the work done
bodyshop
re-mould of bumper etc...

Mine is shown below :D

Dutty has "trimmed" his to fit but is not 100% butis very close, he hasnt got any arch liners ro undertray etc to fit back in.

11.JPG

14.JPG

2.JPG

Yamaha R6
Definately a body shop job dude... as has said above.. theres different ways to fit it.. depends on how much you want to spend... and how spot on you want it to look...

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Daz_2427 said:
see here mate

*edit* oops... :eek: do your washers work Has?

No probs Daz i shall not have to correct u anymore ;)

Yes they do work but differently to how a 172 works hehe.

If u require details PM me :)

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
piss flaps to fit! dutty can tell u how to easily do it and his looks perfects! stuff understrays, if you wash your car regulary then your fine...any jap import cars never have undertrays!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
b3nje said:
piss flaps to fit! dutty can tell u how to easily do it and his looks perfects! stuff understrays, if you wash your car regulary then your fine...any jap import cars never have undertrays!!

Trust me bodyshop even looked at it and found by grinding it down it wont just "fit" easily.

By just bolting it back up its under pressure so cud snap if a bump is hit....

I prefer to have full under tray etc.. and arch liners.

Plus the curve of the bumper continues right to the lower part of the bumper.

If u look close up it wud be obvious where it doesnt meet properly, i think in duttys pic the black car hides it well.

Yamaha R6
b3nje said:

Yea.. but a clio isnt a jap import. lol.

Chocolate Bar™
if you want it done professionally, to a show finish its the only way to get it done.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
well im paying for it tmoz and wont be until couple months time till i have enough cash to get both bumpers sprayed and front 1 fitted on:approve: then ill have to buy splitter,fogs and upper grill :dead:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
They do look good but for all the man hours in the body shop and the aftermarket skirts to fit, you would surely be better off with the RS wings and skirts and saving all the hassle. Unless you want to be differnet.
If you don't, you'll have Turinis and a Cup spoiler fitted at the same time LOL.;)