ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 buying question

I myself am looking for a new 172 after the sad demise of my old one :(

im going to part ex a 02 plate saxo vts for another one shortley but in the mean time my mate is also after one and has found a w reg plate one for sale at 5k the only catch is it has covered 112000 miles yes huge miles i know but he seems to have his heart set on it not to mention he only has about that much to spend, the car has a full service history with it tho

im going to have a look at the car with him on Saturday, suppose what im asking is do you think he is advisable to buy this car, or do you think with those many miles its just going to keep costing him money

any advice on thinks to check for on the car etc, to make sure he dont pick up a sh*tter

cheers

the car may run ok etc but i cant see him re-selling it on in a few years time, i guess it depends how long he wants to keep it. Couldnt he just get like a £1k loan or overdraft or credit card etc and get one slightly lower miles?

7.6cc :D

Resale would be a problem for him.

If he doesnt put too many miles himself and plans on keeping it a while then it might be worth it.

Ziel Nurburgring

After those taxi like milesr your looking at the time when your going get one problem, fix it and as soon as you have something else will go wrong.

Really depends on what sort of mileage (ie ragged about the countryside/towns or motorway) and whether its been well looked after.

Its more down to condition realy but 100k is no problee the engine is a development of another engine which has proved itself to be able to go over 300k. Anyway yopu can buy a new low milage engines all the time.

Even better if the car has done its milage on the motorway as its less wear and tear.