ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cambelt change/ cutting out

Clio RS 172
Hi,

I have just had a new cambelt kit put on my car and since i have had it back it cuts out everytime i leave it to tick over. Only way to stop it is to constantly rev the engine, i have spoken to the mechanic and he suggested that the computers need resetting.

Any Ideas??

Hi,

I have just had a new cambelt kit put on my car and since i have had it back it cuts out everytime i leave it to tick over. Only way to stop it is to constantly rev the engine, i have spoken to the mechanic and he suggested that the computers need resetting.

Any Ideas??

Load of sh*t, no computer needs resetting, sounds to me like your timing is well out, bet hes not had the correct timing tools

Clio RS 172
fuming! he reckoned the timing was out already but didnt have any problems before...he's having another look tomorrow

Clio 172 cup
yeah Dean sounds right, sounds like timing is well out and if it worked fine before its defo his problem to sort out. feed him a load of crap that you taken it to renault for a check and diagnostics check and say everyhtings fine they just said the timings off, he wont have no choice but to put it right because wotherwise will look like he dont no what hes doing. works for me alot.

Clio RS 172
ye defo gonna have to sort it for me! is it a bad idea to drive it? like can it mess up my engine at all??

106GTI / NovaC20LET
not trying to be a dick... but when will people learn? you dont let a clueless random do the cambelt change on a clio sport. FACT.

Clio 172 cup
yeah it can mess up your whole engine!!!!! dont drive it!!!!

if timing is out the pistons and valves aint in time and can smash together causing the whole engine to shatter and break.

Its a big job and does need to be done properly by someone who knows what there doing, if you have already paid get your money back!!!!!!!!!!