ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CD Changer

Ive got one of the later 172s (03) that doesnt have a CD changer in (at least that what the salesman told me anyway ..) - does anyone know what CD changers would be compatible with the Renault single CD player - and can you get CD changers that can play MP3s or is that dependant on the head unit.

Cheers !

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Youll only be able to use the standard reno CD changer with the standard reno head unit Im afraid.

I recently fitted a 6 disc changer to my 2002 cup.Cost £180 including delivery from http://www.add-a-cdchanger.co.ukwww.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk .The model was VDO Dayton and was easy to fit under the seat in 10 minutes using velcro with no problems at all.Unfortunately it will not play mp3 but you cant have everything.

200CUP - thanks for that ! - I had a look at that model and it looks great - about fitting it - do you have a have equipment/experience doing these things - or can anyone (without any experience at all) do it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by tank on 14 April 2004

Ive got one of the later 172s (03) that doesnt have a CD changer in (at least that what the salesman told me anyway ..) - does anyone know what CD changers would be compatible with the Renault single CD player - and can you get CD changers that can play MP3s or is that dependant on the head unit.

Cheers !

http://www.connects2.comwww.connects2.com

Ive got my CD changer for sale on e-bay, I did put it on here twice before to give you guys first chance.

..if you want it its on there with the head unit and speakers, but I will split if its not sold by end of auction.

I don’t think that this is the place to advertise e bay stuff so if you want the link then PM me.

Viv :)

Tank, no experience needed as long as you have the tool to remove the standard head unit,if you need the tool just order with the changer from the same place for a couple of quid.The changer comes with one lead which fits to the rear of the head unit,thats it job done.Run the lead under the door trim to the passenger seat and velcro the changer under the seat.Might take you an hour most if you have no experience but honestly took me 10 mins or so and had no problems at all.