ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 computer thingy

To save another thread, and seeing as this one has been answered...

My mileage reset, that I push in when at the petrol station (goes to all 0's) is reset every time I start the car. So I have the 'miles travelled so far in current journey' read out exactly the same as what my trip computer does. So for some reason it doesnt keep its memory? anyone know why?

I just would like to know how many miles I get when I fill up.

My mileage reset, that I push in when at the petrol station (goes to all 0's) is reset every time I start the car. So I have the 'miles travelled so far in current journey' read out exactly the same as what my trip computer does. So for some reason it doesnt keep its memory? anyone know why?

heard of this issue before, quite common, of the top of my head I cant recall what was causing it. Try a search.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've found another tweak with the computer recently. I've got a Nissan Primastar with the same sort of computer on the dash, and if you hold the buttton in on the end of the stalk while you turn on the ignition it will go into diagnostic mode and check a ll the warning lights are working and tell you what the HCo reading is as well as how many litres are left in the tank if you keep pressing the button. You have to switch off again to get out of this mode, but its handy if you want to check everything is ok.

I had the exact same thing, my clock was fine, no problems what so ever starting the car. I ran it for over a year and it kept on doing it (it didn't let me down once!). In the end I was offered a brand new one at a stupidly low price so just bought it. It now works properly and no longer resets. :)

I had the exact same thing, my clock was fine, no problems what so ever starting the car. I ran it for over a year and it kept on doing it (it didn't let me down once!). In the end I was offered a brand new one at a stupidly low price so just bought it. It now works properly and no longer resets. :)

Brand new battery sorted it? I am still on the original actually on a 52 plate.. Maybe why. Il have to get it checked.

Thanks for the help :star:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've found another tweak with the computer recently. I've got a Nissan Primastar with the same sort of computer on the dash, and if you hold the buttton in on the end of the stalk while you turn on the ignition it will go into diagnostic mode and check a ll the warning lights are working and tell you what the HCo reading is as well as how many litres are left in the tank if you keep pressing the button. You have to switch off again to get out of this mode, but its handy if you want to check everything is ok.

Pressing the mileage reset button takes you out of diagnostic mode.