ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cool start splutter

My car never used to splutter as i drive off (for like 2min) when starting from cold.

I have tried redex and this does not work.

I see that so many ppl have this problem but what is the answer??

172 cup
me again! Its normal to be honest from cold but of course theres always a fix

I loaded a RSTuner map onto my ecu and hasn't done it since, also more power and improved MPG

Before you ask there about £160 from fastchip.nl

Clio 172 RS2
Hey Chris!

Can be any of the various sensors...
For instance CTS; Coolant Temperature Sensor, telling the ECU engine/coolant is warm as to under- or over fueling!

TDC sensor? Top Dead Center sensor, do a search.

172 Cup
higher octane fuel works out cheaper in the long run, runs more efficiently, doesnt build up in the engine, and the timing in your f4r is designed for 97-98 fuels. try it for a few weeks.

its like 8p ~ per litre more expensive.. but once its cleaned your engine out you're laughing all the way to the bank, and your car will thank you.

when i open my filler door inside it has a sticker says 98 ron recommended,
i havent found any yet :/

Megane Trophy, Golf
higher octane fuel works out cheaper in the long run, runs more efficiently, doesnt build up in the engine, and the timing in your f4r is designed for 97-98 fuels. try it for a few weeks.

its like 8p ~ per litre more expensive.. but once its cleaned your engine out you're laughing all the way to the bank, and your car will thank you.

when i open my filler door inside it has a sticker says 98 ron recommended,
i havent found any yet :/

V-Power is 99 RON :)

PH1 172 Sport
99 won't be too high.

I you get a V-Power card then you get 2p off per litre which makes it a bit cheaper.