ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup... 1/4mile information?

EP3 Civic Type R
Hi all,

Not sure if been asked before, just wondering if someone can tell me the standard 1/4 times for both Cup and 172 please, thankyou :D

mods or not!

Burgandy 174 sport t
In my full fat with nothing out etc and only a cat back exhaust I ran a 15.0 on the button. I have beat cups and been beaten by cups. He haw in it!!

fastest standard Cup 14.5 iirc. fastest standard 172 14.6

But most are around the 15 second mark.

14.5 stock with full interior??? possible, but doubtful...

fastest one I know of is Rob's at 14.7 with full interior and Mk2 Ph2's was Paddy's 14.6

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
A 172 Cup is, I understand, about 60 kg lighter than an FF. That should allow it to do about a 0.2-0.25 second better time for the quarter mile. Most of the magazines said the 172 did around 15.3, so Cups should do 15.0-15.1. Of course some people in some circumstances on some tracks will do better than that, but they do better by about the same amount for both a Cup and an FF, and that quarter second or so advantage for the lighter car would remain.

VaVa
It's 89kg according to renault pal, but I agree with your comments to a certain extent. Although a lot depends on how good an engine you got from the factory imho.

EP3 Civic Type R
Still on the fence which one to go for, found a decent cup 03 for 5700 today 39k, or go for a FF 172 for the same price, arghhhh dont know what to do

Nippy white cup
I don't think Rich got a 14.5 but I could be wrong. There is a huge difference between engines. Kevs std 172 got a 14.6 iirc but Scotts 172 with exhaust decat and filter struggled to get much in the 14`s.

Mine was 15 dead std, then with rsport it was 14.4 full interior then with exhaust/decat and rears out it was 14.1. Timo's was the fastest at 13.9 with 1 seat etc. And for the record the rears were weight (by Rich D aaaaages ago) and it came out as 25kgs including parcel shelf and iso bar.

Chris

Nippy white cup
My best was 9.16 @ 79mph, Jordys beast got a 6.7 @ 110 but I can't see any of us getting that tbh lol

Chris

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Haha Toretto!

My fastest is a 14.306 @ pod in my cup. BMC filter, superchip,decat and full exhaust and no rear seats

Now have 182 manifold and stripped totally so hoping for better soon!