ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup blower into a 182 Cup?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Evening All,

As some of you may know I had a nightmare at the weekend attempting to remove the AC stuff from the scuttle, which ended in me smashing my original blower housing.

I'm managed to secure a 172 Cup blower set up but can I make this fit/work on my 182?

My original unit, before it was smashed out:

CC99C603-504A-44F1-A722-24090B08970B.JPG

The 172 Cup blower:

IMG_5636.JPG

The current 'hole'!

7742F6DF-B2A2-484B-B650-302977ECBFD5.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Tom

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
For reference and from my finding a 172 Cup blower will fit into a 182 Cup but not a Full Fat Clio 182.

It was a straight forward swap and should have come from factory like it IMO.

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Hi there,
It's been while since I did it. It is so easy. Cup blower goes into same place as old one. Blank off the rectangular hole left by drivers side in bulkhead.
Take off heater element from 182 blower and fit/replace onto 172 cup blower. You may have a spare plug left over, I can't remember

Hi there,
It's been while since I did it. It is so easy. Cup blower goes into same place as old one. Blank off the rectangular hole left by drivers side in bulkhead.
Take off heater element from 182 blower and fit/replace onto 172 cup blower. You may have a spare plug left over, I can't remember

Cheers for the reply, Did it yesterday. I'd never even considered that till i googled and saw your reply. Works spot on, just a couple of plugs to swap and trim a bit so the element fits :)

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
For reference and from my finding a 172 Cup blower will fit into a 182 Cup but not a Full Fat Clio 182.

It was a straight forward swap and should have come from factory like it IMO.

Hay Tom.
Sorry to bring this up again.
Iv removed my Aircon from my car and was thinking about doing this but as you have stayed the Smaller Blower won't fit 182 FF, What is the reason it won't fit?
I know you need to change the Face panel inside the car to the wire push/Pull wire.

Thanks
Pez

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Hay Tom.
Sorry to bring this up again.
Iv removed my Aircon from my car and was thinking about doing this but as you have stayed the Smaller Blower won't fit 182 FF, What is the reason it won't fit?
I know you need to change the Face panel inside the car to the wire push/Pull wire.

Thanks
Pez

A FF car will have climate control. Looking at the Renault wiring diagrams; the climate interior loom is different from the manual AC/basic heating loom. If you have a 182Cup, your loom will be the same as a non-AC car and therefore the swap is straight forward.

I'm trying to figure a work around to make the 172 Cup/basic blower unit function with a FF climate control loom.