ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup break upgrade

172 cup
my pads are like new and my discs dont seem to have that much wear but they seem to fade out quite quick, would i be best to upgrade pads or discs, or both? or even the calipers as well, if so whats the best pads/discs to get, i need some thing thats good for round town and also fast driving, track days country roads etc, any help would be great, thanks.

RS RIP
check out Yozzasport site, i think they sell a real nice set of discs (Brembo) in combo with EBC green stuff or DS 2500 Ferodo pads.
You will not need to upgrade anything else, this will stop you rapidly

Cup'd Monaco 172
Dont upgrade the discs.

If fade is the only issue just fit some EBC yellows or another decent pad. Mintex 1155 or some ferodo DS2500's

My standard brakes would fade very easily just on my commute to work. I have fitted yellows and the brakes never fade and there is improved bite when hot.

Chelsea tractor
Fluid? When mineral oils get old they absorb water, which evaporates when it gets hot and hence goes a bit spongy?

What do you mean by the fade you have to use more pedal or the more pedal you use they dont do any more?

Best idea is to bleed the brakes.