ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup finally finished!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
At long last and after months of saving and spending money on parts the Cup is finally how i want it! The aim was to get it completely back to standard and make it one of the cleanest around. There are still a coupe of very small jobs i may do but not decided yet...

So since ive had the car i have carried out the following and most of it in the last 1000 miles, (have only driven it 2.5k this year!)

Turinis refurbed and fitted with 4 new Hankook v12 Evos
all new genuine wheel bolts and locking nuts (to keep it looking fresh)
Brembo HC front discs and pads
Brembo rear discs and pads
2 genuine Renault rear shocks
x2 rear springs
x2 Top mount bearings
Replacment ECU and UCH as old UCH wen crazy! (Cheers MickPM and Jonny1*2)
replacement genuine renault exhaust system inc. cat
new geniune rear exhaust mount
Cat-manifold gasket kit
Coil pack, Leads and injectors
Map sensor
Replacement n/s rear caliper
Replacement drivers seat (old 1 had a slight bit of bolster wear but it annoyed me!)
Renault front diamond and Cup gear insert to replace carbon wrapped items
removed towing eye
Service by Renault Slough
New NGK PFR6E-10 spark plugs
New "Cup 172" piller badges
New hazard warning light switch
Probably a few more but cant remember off the top of my head! Cambelt was done just before i bought it so luckily that wont need doing!

Also cleaned it a hell of alot, very rarely let it get dirty! Just cleaned it today and had all the wheels off to seal them, clean arches, repaint calipers (silver for the OE look) etc, managed to aquire a good range of cleaning products since ive had it but havnt yet had a chance to have a go at detailing it. Last thing to do to make it look really fresh is a new set of plates. the only downside to all this is that its looking likely that im going to have to sell it soon as the missus is getting a company car and the Cup really doesnt get used as much as it should and i cant really have 3 cars at my place :(
Anyway, heres a few pics, C+C welcome (soz they are iphone pics so not the greatest!)
IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

That is one nice car, good to see a few are being kept OE and it looks like showroom condition, don't forget to drive it though.

Regards Russ...........

Mint Ben, properly mint! Hope things are good up your way, works changed so much in the last year or so!
cheers bud! yur new M3 looks pretty damn mint aswell m8, will have to come over for a look some time. works been all over the place atm, been doing 2nd stage remakes and diverts 4 months, no NGA at all...

Btw there are a few little marks on the car but nothing major at all for a 9yr old car trying to make my mind up wether to get them sorted or not... it does tend to look very clean as it is so not overly fussed

That is one nice car, good to see a few are being kept OE and it looks like showroom condition, don't forget to drive it though.

Regards Russ...........
if i drive it ill have to clean it sum more! lol tbh i hardly get to drive it as it is due to work and other commitments. ive only done 7,000 miles in it since i bought it 2 years ago and 5000 of those were last year!

Audi A5
what an amazing example, if it was mine i would repostion the rear wiper it looks like its dropped a little bit, remove the matrix sticker from the drivers side turret(it dont matter if you have it or not)and put the engine cover on for the oe look.

cheers for the comments guys and gals, makes all the time effort and money more worthwile!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks mint!! Puts mine to shame! I toyed with throwing money at mine to make it 'spot on' but it's an everyday car to me.

M2 Comp
Amazing, lots of effort gone into this!!

If you do decide to sell up, drop me a PM as I'd be seriously interested in buying it :)

plates ordered and mot done and passed with flying colours on tuesday so will be all ready to go in the next couple of days :( will post up sum pics with new plates fitted

nothing major to update but New plates ordered from Fancyplates and fitted last night, finishes off the car nicely now.
IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg