ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/Cup First Service

Remapped derv Golf

Ive had it a year now and have done knowhere near the 12,000 miles required for the 1st service. Should I just book it in for an oil change and leave it at that? Get the first service next year?

Remapped derv Golf

isnt that too long for that engine? Ive only done town work mainly and the oil is pretty black. Blacker than it used to get in my VTR.

Street Triple R

id wait till 12,000 Add, thats what Renault recomend

if it doesnt need doing theres no point giving them extra money

its a good idea to change your oil every six thousand miles, dont bother using renault though, get it done at a good local garage who wont rip u off.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Mate just do it yourself if its just an oil and filter change. It certainly wont hurt your car or your wallet.

Renault will relive around £170 from you for it.

Weeman sucks ****

Id just change the oil and wait. I got my first service done for 125 bar but that could be because its a cup rather than a standard 172. Dont forget to mention its cheaper than a standard 172 service or theyll charge you for the extra.

53 plate 172

Mines coming up to its first year at the end of this month and I havent even done 4000 miles yet so Ill wait till next year to get it serviced.

Just following the manual/warranty instructions.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 08 October 2004

Id just change the oil and wait. I got my first service done for 125 bar but that could be because its a cup rather than a standard 172. Dont forget to mention its cheaper than a standard 172 service or theyll charge you for the extra.
Whys it cheaper? because they dont check the Ac?

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 08 October 2004

ITS THE SAME CAR!!! :sleep:

You just got lucky on the price, really fluctuates between the dealers.

Id get the oil changed now asap! Black oil is not good esp when its your first lot!

Its good to do an interim service f youre doing alot of short journeys, I tend to change it around every 6k, then put it in the garage at rthe recommended time. I havent got the manual with me but Ive a feeling it says something about altering the service intervals if you do mainly town driving...

Its really easy to do it yourself, all you need is some axle stands or ramps and its a doddle. I think someones even done a picture sequence on the forum somewhere.

You have to do it just to see the build quality of the sump cover!

It is actually 24 months or 12k miles whichever comes first.I personally waited till the 12k miles were up then got the first service,i dont think the car has suffered unduly by not getting an oil change before that.

Also got 1st service done for £123 using Arnold Clark 10% discount card, a fair price for Reno. Also no difference in cost for cup / 172!