ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup-how to stay alive this winter!!!

MKIII 138
not too bad at the mo, whats the big deal knowone should be speeding with cold tarmac anyway theres no grip regardless of car type the freezing cold winds keep your tyres cool so basically dont speed.

on a side note people make out as if the cup is the only car without ABS, ive seen three cars lock up recently all supermini`s and they actually stopped pretty fast. i remember my ABS drilling away in my last 172 and it didnt do nothing.

the speed at which some people are still driving around is insane, they either think there cars invincible or there are just stupid and uninformed, saw a people carrier`s back end step out today as the goon was going summer speeds around a slippy bend ! an MPV hasnt got great traction at the best of times..

that said there was an old landrover that was flying everywhere with no worries big fat treads on 18" wheels and 4wd + weigh a ton

wouldnt mind some winter tyres for the cup though i wouldnt know what to get ???

Weeman sucks ****
As I've always said it's other road users I worry about more. Not the ability of my ABS-less cup. After starting my new job a couple of months ago I now use the M25 & M40 and see some pretty silly stuff. One group of road user particularly f**k me off and that's HGV drivers (or the majority). Overtaking in the outside lane, driving up your arse etc it all goes on.

Oh and the golf gti rep mother f*****s lol.

People knocking cups and no ABS is getting boring now, not aimed at the topic starter btw.

Happy driving cuppers

Remapped derv Golf
people are in too much of a hurry!

It snows much worse in Berlin but people just put on snow chains and get on with it.

TDI tyre shreader
Yeah but theres no cups in Berlin as they have all crashed, no ABS ya seee!!!!LOL

133/225/CLS AMG
Knock a Cup for not having ABS anyway.

I had a normal 172 and not once had the ABS kick in anyway!!! Its down to how you drive and how cautious you are.

People just don't take driving conditions into account though, watched this guy in the summer after it rained go round this round about and try and steer. Smashed straight into a wall since the road was greasy.
If he'd have used his brain he'd have though, 'I drive a Datsun Cherry, the tyres are 1/2 and inch wide so i'll slow down as its wet!!' but no just went wide and obliterated his car!!

TDI tyre shreader
AlexJMills said:
Knock a Cup for not having ABS anyway.

I had a normal 172 and not once had the ABS kick in anyway!!! Its down to how you drive and how cautious you are.

People just don't take driving conditions into account though, watched this guy in the summer after it rained go round this round about and try and steer. Smashed straight into a wall since the road was greasy.
If he'd have used his brain he'd have though, 'I drive a Datsun Cherry, the tyres are 1/2 and inch wide so i'll slow down as its wet!!' but no just went wide and obliterated his car!!

Ya see thats the other problem all the cup drivers cant drive properly either!!

133/225/CLS AMG
I wouldn't go that far lol!!!

Its just a case of not relying on ABS which I'm sure some drivers out there do.

172 phaseII
dontcare_640vi.gif