ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup inner steering arm size

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Anyone know the size ? I've looked on the rack but there's no sticker on it grrr. Going to get them from Euro car parts in the black Friday sale. Cheers

monaco 172
Could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that for inner track rods your best off with the main dealer as pattern parts rarely for properly

If you want to keep costs down, I have a genuine Renault 172 Cup one fitted to a rack which I have tucked away. It's only done a couple of thousand miles if that. Could remove it.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I had this problem when getting new rods for mine. I've got a non cup though.

I got some from ECP and they were well too short. If you can, I'd get one of the tie rods off and go down to ECP if you can so you make sure you get the right ones.

With regards to the tool, I borrowed a fan spanner but couldn't get enough leverage to loosen it. Ended up getting one of the tools that fits over the tie rod and you can then get a ratchet/breaker bar on the end of it.

dan's cast offs.
sport/hydraulic have smi, rest are trw. early dci was trw but shorter lock to lock.

longer rods are cup and used on trw when on sport for peas conversion. (that should be epas but leaving it as peas 'cos it looks funny)

PH2 172
sport/hydraulic have smi, rest are trw. early dci was trw but shorter lock to lock.

longer rods are cup and used on trw when on sport for peas conversion. (that should be epas but leaving it as peas 'cos it looks funny)

I have ordered genuine 77 01 473 656 @£34 with gaiter x2 from RPD.
They looked up both Cup & non Cup for me & they are all the same number with SMI rack.
If you want pattern parts,go for the longer option if you have a hydraulic SMI rack.

If this thread runs true to form as the previous threads on the same subject,which came to the same conclusion,someone will now say Renault parts system is rubbish & cannot be trusted.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Anyone know the size ? I've looked on the rack but there's no sticker on it grrr. Going to get them from Euro car parts in the black Friday sale. Cheers

The tie bars for a 172 cup are longer than standard 172,s, pretty sure they are 310mm long, I ordered some qh ones a few months back of eBay, I'd need to check my emails,

PH2 172
The tie bars for a 172 cup are longer than standard 172,s, pretty sure they are 310mm long, I ordered some qh ones a few months back of eBay, I'd need to check my emails,
They looked up both Cup & non Cup for me & they are all the same number with SMI rack.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Just to update I am waiting on prices and part numbers from RPD and will update when they arrive.