ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup MOT Brake Failure

Clio 172 Cup
Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. My 172 Cup failed its MOT today with one of the failure points being 'nearside rear brake recording little to no effort - [3.7.A.4a]'.

Having searched through the forums I see that this is a common MOT issue with the Cups and have read the 'VOSA Testing Tips' page that someone kindly posted.

However, from reading most other peoples posts on this, they seem to have both rear brakes fail, and/or the 'read brake compensator' either missing or being faulty. As my mine has only failed on one side (and they havent mentioned the compensator), is this VOSA advice still valid or do I have a genuine problem?

I've had it MOT'd at the same place for a few years now, and they have never failed it on this before, but I dont know if its the same tester as usual.

For info, the nearside rear also failed on the brake binding (something I spotted a day ago, so knew about prior to taking it in), but not sure if this is related.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers for the info guys.

Guess it might need a new caliper. Anyone have a rough idea of the cost to replace a caliper and wheel bearing?