ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup rolling road with graph@174 bhp

172 cup
Just had a rolling road on the cup.

Was very happy with results. Only mods
Stealth cat back
Induction kit
RS tuner map
102k miles

Should I be happy or what you would expect with mods above?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 98

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a number, so who cares if it's 154, 174 or 204, it's how it drives that's most important, and now you have a benchmark so at least if you do make future upgrades or you just want to check that everything is still in the same ballpark then you know what your baseline was.

If you're happy then that's the main thing, I don't think you should be asking an internet forum to tell you whether you should be happy or not.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thanks. I was at first, but then thought well maybe there's plenty out there running the same. Glad to know its a good engine.

As long as it drives well that's the main thing. As budgie says it's a hot one today

172 cup
It's just a number, so who cares if it's 154, 174 or 204, it's how it drives that's most important, and now you have a benchmark so at least if you do make future upgrades or you just want to check that everything is still in the same ballpark then you know what your baseline was.

If you're happy then that's the main thing, I don't think you should be asking an internet forum to tell you whether you should be happy or not.

I was asking as most long term members would of seen different figures over the years at different mileage, hence why I asked the question.

The main reason was to see if it's worth upgrading parts or not. Yes it's a figure but is it a good figure! I have my answer.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I used to take part in a CS meet at SRR every year for about a decade. Healthy standard(ish) Cups always produced closer to book than others on those rollers.

RB Clio 182
I dont get why some people say it doesn't matter if it has 154 or if it has 174?

Of course it does, the higher one will probably have better compression and be timed up correctly and generally be a healthier engine, even tho the one with 154bhp might still drive ok.

Obviously theres going to be a few bhp differences here and there but 20+ difference then imo theres something not quite right.

172 cup
I dont get why some people say it doesn't matter if it has 154 or if it has 174?

Of course it does, the higher one will probably have better compression and be timed up correctly and generally be a healthier engine, even tho the one with 154bhp might still drive ok.

Obviously theres going to be a few bhp differences here and there but 20+ difference then imo theres something not quite right.

Exactly.