ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Splitter

172 Cup
My car didnt have a splitter when I bought, still hasn't actually. Plan on getting a Pug 307 splitter anytime soon though.

172 Cup
Richo, does it have the screw holes in the bumper? Do they appear to have been ripped off etc?

Yea the holes are there where it would have been fixed on, but no splitter!

At the time when I bought the car didnt even think to ask about the splitter - so dont know how long its been without one.

I've managed to break mine twice since owning the car, they're really flimsy and it doesn't take much to break them. I snapped mine on a pair of those D.I.Y metal ramps but managed to repair it. Not surprising there's alot of them without splitters really.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah there perfect heights for kerbs so most owners crack 1 at some time. Hard to repair aswell but I'd def stick with the standard 1 as they look best.

Cup and R6
I have a crack in mine from when i bought it, thinking of changing it, KTR do one for 90, worth a try, see how long that one lasts

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Wasnt it when they came off the showroom brand new, that they only had the splitters on if the dealers put them on. Cos they never used to have them on from the factory as they used to get damaged when going on to the car transporters.

I know that a few brand new cups didnt have them on cos dealer 'forgot'.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Wasnt it when they came off the showroom brand new, that they only had the splitters on if the dealers put them on. Cos they never used to have them on from the factory as they used to get damaged when going on to the car transporters.

I know that a few brand new cups didnt have them on cos dealer 'forgot'.

IIRC the splitters were left in the boot..where the dealership would them ''fit them''