ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Spruce Up!

172 Cup
Had a couple of set backs this week which have made me appreciate what I've got and make the best of it! Decided it's time to show my 172 Cup some love as I will be keeping it for a while yet.

I bought this car off a member on here for £1000 3 years ago. Use it everyday and now doing about 50 miles on my commute (on great roads I might add). It's on 126k, the engine and brakes are superb but I've felt that the suspension is getting a bit tired and the car doesn't feel as pointy and direct as before. I don't track it, I basically enjoy good B roads and want a nice fast road setup.

It's got PS3s, Eibachs Sportlines, engine and dogbone mount, Brembo discs, mintex 1144 pads and braided lines. Plus 98 RON map.

At the weekend I gave it a much needed clean up, new plates and wipers.

After exploring various suspension and handling options I visited Barrie at Rentec, Edinburgh this morning. Fantastic guy and great place if you don't know them. He's talked me through the options and I've bit the bullet and booked it in for:

4 Cup dampers to compliment Eibachs
Lower arms
Track rod kit
Rear arm bearing / bush kit (I think!)

Needless to say I'm very excited!! I'll let you know what it's like when done.

IMG_9059.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
1k 3 years ago, assume it was in abit of a state when you bought it? Looks great now, I always have a soft spot for 172 cups.

172 Cup
1k 3 years ago, assume it was in abit of a state when you bought it? Looks great now, I always have a soft spot for 172 cups.

Thanks mate. No, it was great. Previous owner had it 7 years and looked after it. It was fairly high mileage and needed (still needs lol) a little cosmetic work. It was a bargain.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nice! I use rentec myself, 5 mins along the road from me. I also bought my cup for a grand, needed belts, brakes, service, mot , rentec did it all. Where are you based? Edinburgh I assume?

172 Cup
Nice! I use rentec myself, 5 mins along the road from me. I also bought my cup for a grand, needed belts, brakes, service, mot , rentec did it all. Where are you based? Edinburgh I assume?

Pretty much the same here! I'm East Lothian but in Edinburgh a lot.