ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup top speed?

Clio 200 Cup
Just out of interest, the book says 138mph.........

What is the fastest indicated speed anybody has seen in a standard 172 Cup.............on a private road or in a closed environment obviously.

Childish question I know. :)

I scared mike@rentech on the way to the ring, we backed off before we took off lol

Couldn't read the GPS speed at that point as it was flashing red and bouncing up and down thanks to it being stiffly sprung.

145 on the clock apparently, mike reckons it was still pulling though!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I had 134 GPS out of a FF with 3 passengers and lugguage, could have gone ever more.

Clio 200 Cup
Im genuinely scared.

Ive only just got my 172 so Im still getting used to it, not really done much more than 100. Ever had any problems with these cars overheating when flat out for ages? Im thinking of going for a play on an Autobahn.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
b4 engine work i had 145 mph on the clocks racing me mate 650bhp RX7 n he topped 180 mph :eek:

Clio 200 Cup
I scared mike@rentech on the way to the ring, we backed off before we took off lol

Couldn't read the GPS speed at that point as it was flashing red and bouncing up and down thanks to it being stiffly sprung.

145 on the clock apparently, mike reckons it was still pulling though!

...........are you the nutcase on youtube? Ive seen a cracking onboard video on there of somebody driving the nackers off a 172 Cup around the ring. I saw the video then went out and bought a Cup the next day. :)

Lionel Richie
rod bolts snap if the the engine is on the limiter for prolonged periods at 8000rpm

limiter in 4th is 125mph @ 8000rpm on an r-sport ecu IIRC (thats when one of our engines went BANG)

172 /megane cab
just under 150 hit the the end of the gear load of white sxxt out the back off it craped my self when i see the white smoke so backed off to 100 then stuck my foot down agin power still there but for a min i did think o no what have i done i was on my way to dover at 4am when i done that nice bit of road that is

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This phot has been around for years now.I think it was big ians,not sure though

172limiter.jpg

BG 182
I had 110mph just before changing to 5th in my FF 172.. I ran out of road so had to put the brakes on..

134 GPS is my PB. (I hold the record on Ralph Wiggums sat nav - get in! :D )

Still had more to come, need to bounce it off the limiter one day.