ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup tyres

My front tyres are needing replaced, not sure whether to just get two new ContiSport Contacts or go for a complete new set of different tyres (the backs are hardly worn - my Cup is purely used for leisure purposes so doesnt see many straight roads!)

Has anyone replaced the standard ContiSport Contacts with another tyre and felt they were better?

Also can anyone recommend where to get tyres cheap (with a fitting service)? (etyres.co.uk are £79 inc vat, deliv & fitting for the contis)

The F1s appear to be the best on paper though theres nothing wrong with the contis, especially as Renault have ones specially designed for the car

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 20 October 2003

The F1s appear to be the best on paper though theres nothing wrong with the contis, especially as Renault have ones specially designed for the car
Do you mean that the contis are different if you dont buy from renault?

Also Ive found a place in Dundee (Archies Tyre & Auto Centre ) that has the contis for £69 inc vat, fitting, valves and balancing (£35 cheaper than ATS!).

Yes according to a Renault advertisement feature in EVO there is a type of conti sport contacts designed specifically for the clio cup.

-Rob

Were the Contis not just chosen specifically for the Cup due to an increased sidewall strength aiding the handling? I think they are the same as the ones you are describing.

Ive gone through 3 sets of fronts now (20k), had contis, uniroyals, pirelli pzero-neros, and the contis are definately the best in that line up, especially if you can get them for £69. :D They seem to grip a lot better than even the p-zeros - and pirelli are renowned for soft compound high grip tyres. I would question their longevity though!!

Thanks for that CUPBOY.

Also comforting to know that someone else is going through fronts like water! Ive only got 6400 miles out of my original set! Ill be taking it easier from now on (well see how long that lasts!!)

just got some Eagles, love um!, car feels a bit more pointy. and the tread looks cool too.

My original fronts needed replacing at about 8000, managed to stretch them to 10000, current mileage. very nearly illegal tread.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 20 October 2003

Why would you want a tyre that is good on paper??????;)

I can get the contis for the Cup in Central Scotland for £50 cash (no vat), if anybody want them and are in this area (Stirlingshire), PM me.

Mac