ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup value

An orange one

just wondering what kind of value is on an immaculate std 172 cup, its a feb 2004 (53 reg) with 9700 miles, not a chip, scuff or scratch on it anywhere

soo need a vee :(

An orange one

i paid £9250 2 months ago..love the car to bits...but i should never have driven my mates vee 255...

arrghh..i hate me at times!!

Theres a 53 plate cup for sale at an independent dealer for just £7500.

Nice example to. Only had a look at the outside so dont know what mileage, service history etc is like but its cheap enough.

Cheers

2005 Impreza WRX STI

well ian on autotrader,whats it worth 172 2003 53 ...so older 10k on clock,

dealer 9,721

private 9,532

trade 8,589

IN ASSOCIATION WITH WHAT CAR.:p

Burgandy 174 sport t

well paul!!! do you know how much u could pick these up for new??? 10k, so anyone that pays anywhere near 10k from a dealer nearly a year and a half old is off there head. And if you think he will get offered 8.6k for it on a trade in thats just daft, I had a 53 plate 04 172 I know what he will get offered for a trade in

2005 Impreza WRX STI

well thanks ian!!!im just quoting from a used car buying guide!;)i no how cheap they go for,i was just saying....id like to think they were worth more than 8k not they are!172s are going for silly prices now due to the 182.mk1s can be bought for 5k now!

Got a Dec (24th!) 53 plate Cup with 8400k on it for £8395 about three weeks ago, absolutely perfect and it came with a private "__ CUP" numberplate. That was at a dealership although I havent found one as cheap with that kind of mileage since

172 Cup

Colin just stick it up for what you want mate. Whats the worst that can happen? If id have listened to most people when asked how much a car was worth Id have lost a fortune.

Remember its worth what someone is willing to pay.

I got £8900 for mine, Nov 53 with 4500 miles on it (climate version). That was 2 months ago. Had a couple of people who wanted it.

Most people are not aware that you could get them for £10.5k

I have very recently sold an 03 cup 9k miles, for £8200 This imo was top drawer price for the mintest cup out there, you get what you pay for ;-)

172 cup TT

out of interest - i assume for some reason a cup which has had a new engine would be very hard to sell yes?.... i had a new engine a couple of K ago and i think i could easily keep the car until she reaches 100k+ on this new engine.. but out of interest what you all reckon...

£8k tops I reckon - less if you need to sell it quick or trade it.

New engine would knock it down a bit; especially privately.

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1

colin, buddy dont listen to the negative fastcarhopers on here, jealousy is a bad thing, especially if they couldnt get what they asked for when they were selling there car....

stick with a tight price, you get what you pay for matey, if its as good as you say there will be more than a few buyers chapping the door, i could have sold my cup last year ten times over...

and its a cup.....not as common as the full fat 172s lol;)

go for £8950..ovno

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 02 June 2005

colin, buddy dont listen to the negative fastcarhopers on here, jealousy is a bad thing, especially if they couldnt get what they asked for when they were selling there car....

stick with a tight price, you get what you pay for matey, if its as good as you say there will be more than a few buyers chapping the door, i could have sold my cup last year ten times over...

and its a cup.....not as common as the full fat 172s lol;)

go for £8950..ovno
As Griff said its worth what someone is willing to pay - if you get the right buyer then great! If youre in no hurry thats better.

Nobody ever bought a Clio for their residuals, and unless youre one of the f&f braggers youll always lose.

If you ask people what its worth youll always get a few opinionshttp://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley8.gif

Just dont listen to the "£6k in 3 years" peeps on here, apparently thats what they are worth after 3 years with average mileage but Ive never seen any proof, despite asking for it and not getting any answers they still spout the £6k nonsense all the time. If you ask me residuals on a Cup arent too bad, £12k new so for them to be anything up to £9k after 2 years or so aint half bad (and they do go for £9k and then some, I shopped around for months so I know), show me 5 or 6 popular cheapish cars that dont lose that kind of money and I will happily give in.

172 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 01 June 2005

well paul!!! do you know how much u could pick these up for new??? 10k, so anyone that pays anywhere near 10k from a dealer nearly a year and a half old is off there head. And if you think he will get offered 8.6k for it on a trade in thats just daft, I had a 53 plate 04 172 I know what he will get offered for a trade in
Ive never seen one for 10k new. I paid just over 9k for my 2004 53 plate cup in february and ive seen a few at garages for about the same price. When i was looking for a clio the cups were selling for higher prices than the standard 172s. Advertise it for £8995. Somebody will want it. Ive seen people trying to get 7k for mk1 172s..