ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup windscreen

C&F

172 clio
i need to replace my windscreen and was wondering if the 172 cup has a standard clio windscreen, or is it thinner as this is what a friend told me.

any help would be great thanks

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The 172 Cup doesn't have the comfort glass windscreen which most other Clios have. I don't know about weight, but they are supposedly lighter. If you look above the centre of the dash, you will see a small square (for Sat Nav use) in 172/182s but it doesn't have this on the 172Cup.

Seat Ibiza
The 172 Cup doesn't have the comfort glass windscreen which most other Clios have. I don't know about weight, but they are supposedly lighter. If you look above the centre of the dash, you will see a small square (for Sat Nav use) in 172/182s but it doesn't have this on the 172Cup.

Is that what its for?

What does it actually do?

197 FF Glacier White
According to the release specs, the front glass on the 172 Cup is thinner and doesn't share the same tint/treatment of the lesser RS models. I can't imagine it makes much of a difference though, go to a Renault stealer and ask for a screen, they'll tell you the exact screen you need by chassis number. I think I read in my brochure that the rear glass is supposed to be thinner as well, but I could imagining that.