ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup

clio 172 cup
hi i wonder if any 1 can help i have a clio 172 cup 03 plate and when i put my foot down and it starts to take off i get a judder from front end just wondering if any1 elese had this problem. getting me worried a bit :(:clown:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If its accelerating in 1st its usually the top offside engine mount. Whats happening is the exhaust manifold hitting the subframe, do this

gaz in 2006 said:
its the engine hitting the subframe/ and or steering rack, not axel tramp etc

i sorted mine by getting the uprated k tec dog bone mount.... and then slacken off the 4 bolts on the left hand engine mount (the one near the oil cap lol) pull the engine forward with the help of a bar/mate then re tigthen the bolts. Job done, mine never does this now, no mater how much right foot is given in 1st

markfishy

ClioSport Trader
  So many but not mine
If your not getting any wheel spin, it is not axle tramp, Which was really the way to describe old rear wheel drive, live axle violent movement.
It could be a dry or worn inner (drivers side) , drive shaft coupling.
Also a broken or loose nearside geabox mounting or bracket. can do the same.
regards mark.

clio 172 cup
im gona put it on som ramps after crimbo and try and find out its only goy 68k on clocks but i had to change all u clamps because they were rusty snaped takin them off so will start with dog bone and work round thanks for all help so far will see if dog bone will help sound like thats my problem :cheers: