ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 & cup

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 09 July 2003

Depends what your after luxury wise.

Basically....

172 comes with climate, plush seats etc etc.

Cup is lighter, slightly wider and only comes in blue or silver. You can get climate though.
Only comes in Blue mate.

Golf GTI Ed30

I dont own a Cup ( as youve probably noticed ) but I do know they NOW come in Blue and Silver, which IMHO is a bad move, but hey.

This argument can be settled next week, as there will be a Mk1 172 and a CUP at our Thrash meet...

See thread... <A target=_blank href= "http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=42045&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=42045&PagePosition=1

Oh yeah, and itll all be a video footage to show all!

Yeah, should have either kept the Cup in Mondial Blue or released another colour exclusive to the Cup. Going to have to spot Silver Cups from the wheels and headlights alone!

And Im already sure that the Cup might be an eeny teeny bit faster than the MK1 172, but Ive already proved that there is hardly anything in it at all, right up to top speed.

Mind you, the soggy springs and high ride height on the mk1 make it handle a bit like a jelly on wheels, but that can at least be rectified!

Rhys

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 12 July 2003
Mind you, the soggy springs and high ride height on the mk1 make it handle a bit like a jelly on wheelsRhys

The mk1s look like jelly on wheels too.. :eek: ohh stir em up..

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 12 July 2003

The mk1s look like jelly on wheels too.. :eek: ohh stir em up..
I refer you to the Performance Car of the Year 2002 where the "facelift" 172 MK2 is refered to as having the "idiot grin of a pokemon character". Muahahahaha!

Rhys

PS: Actually, now I think about it, I had a jelly mould shaped like a rabbit when i was a kid and it did actually look a bit like a yellow MK1 172. Hmmm.....