ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cups & AC

jooliona said:
thats what i thought. also its a darker (navy) blue colour which makes me slightly more convinced that its not a cup and the database is wrong. lol. am i right in thinking that CB1 means cup and CB0 means ff172 ? also will the insurance people believe me if i have to tell them its not a cup?!
Has it got washer jets and zeons as whiclst they can be fitted easily there not normal.

CB1N means both Cup and Mk2 phase 2 unfortunatly.

172 Cup
Yep, not a Cup. I'd steer clear of it if the plate is stating it's a Cup on DVLA. Could have been switched? Perhaps?

i got one of the later ones with the ac . but hardly ever gets used unless the other half is the car .

Monaco Blue 172
pecan said:
Yep, not a Cup. I'd steer clear of it if the plate is stating it's a Cup on DVLA. Could have been switched? Perhaps?
it does slightly worry me still. another reg i put in wasnt even recognised. but maybe they'd had private plates on before? all this would come out in an hpi check wouldnt it? i mean the dealers say they're hpi clear but can i really trust them or should i have it done independently?

172 Cup
God knows mate. I didn't have mine HPI checked when I got mine from garage, perhaps I should've done. They said it had never been involved in an accident, but like you say, how sure can you be? :S

Oops, didnt see this had been replied to. Well it was sold from the garage to me as a cup, so I thought it was a cup. If not idc, cups are cheaper than non cups so I guess I probably got a better deal right?

Im not arsed what I have, its perfect for me, but I do have trouble outrunning 1.2 Corsas, so maybe its got a 1.0 litre engine in it! Im, kidding about the last part.

So wtf do I have anyway? Im confused now!

PS Sorry for the lack of apostrophes, firefox is being gay and trying to do a find when I hit the apostophe key, wtf is all that about?

172 Cup
Turinis, cloth interior, blue dash and steering wheel inserts, no rear headrests, you've got a Cup.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
cliosage1.jpg

^this is a 172 cup.

media?id=331694136.gif

^that is a 172

I had my doubts at first as I knew the cup was stripped, but I thought they did some that were still light-weight-ish but with toys, and I even asked the guy who sold it to me and the sales manager who went on the test drive with me if it was a cup cc as advertised and they said yes! But I'm happy, I've paid a cup price for a full fat!

Just looked on Parkers for current buying prices:

Cup CC: 7,730
Cup: 7,810
FF: 8,455.

It that difference was there when I bought it (In march I think), then I've saved myself £750(ish) 'cause they're numpties.

Edit: I've updated my profile info (to the left)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
take parkers witha pinch of salt, of all the 172 i've seen the cups and ff are around the same price

VaVa
Cups are still cheaper like for like. But thats by the by.

The fact remains they sold you the wrong car. Go and raise hell.

lagerlout1 said:
The fact remains they sold you the wrong car. Go and raise hell.

I'm happy with what I've got, I'd rather have the luxuries. I love CC and CC and the rest of the gumph. Or maybe I should pretend I'm mad and ask for £500 compensation :D